cutting mufflers... two brothers or stock cans?

NYbusaBOY

Registered
So ive come to the conclusion that running without the midpipe is WAY to l-o-u-d... so i want to keep the midpipe rofl. but the question is, do i cut and gut the two brothers slip ons, OR do i not cut up the expensive little slip-ons and just cut and gut the stock cans? :banghead:

I've cut down many mufflers over the years without any problems. These are Two brothers from a gen1. They still have the packing in them and have a deep tone, but aren't loud. If you remove the packing they will have a very high pitch raspy sound. If your going to cut them you can always put them back together and back on without rivets and rev it up. Then slide the ends out and unroll the packing off the tube and try again. Decide and rivet it back together. It's a quick easy job.:thumbsup:

SDC11023.jpg

SDC11046.jpg

SDC11031.jpg

SDC11047.jpg

Stock cans are a little more of a pain to put back together. You should be able to sell the Two Brothers long or short, and they now offer them either way.

SDC10961.jpg

SDC10960.jpg

So ive come to the conclusion that running without the midpipe is WAY to l-o-u-d... so i want to keep the midpipe rofl. but the question is, do i cut and gut the two brothers slip ons, OR do i not cut up the expensive little slip-ons and just cut and gut the stock cans? :banghead:

I can sell you a set of mid pipes, they have baffles in from factory..

Back