06 busa NO muffler - problems??

PS. IMO thoses Two Brothers would look way better cut short. I just don't like the looks of long pipes.. to each his own though.

Remove the packing from your pipes and cut them down, it will sound great here's my Yoshi's cut down

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1308675761426.jpg

As far as the PC goes, my motor has 19,000 miles with no pc or ecu flash. I have never run mullfers on a busa.
Posted via Mobile Device

BTW I had Two Brothers on my 08 R1 and love the sound, but if I was you I wud cut about 6-7 inches off your mufflers from the header side (measure it out to where your bracket goes right at the end of your 2 brothers name plate) and remove atleast 1/2-3/4 of the fiberglass and you will love the sound. It will have a very nice rumble at idle and will scare people when you snap your wrist. all it will cost you is however much the pop rivets cost. Nice color BTW

nabusa what year/gen is your bike? from what ive heard some bikes have the catalytic converter, and some dont, mine doesnt, so if youve been running without mufflers and have a Cat, then i cant use your bike as an example as to what my bike will do without the mufflers... however IF you dont have the cats, then all is great! :cheerleader:

id like to maybe sell the two brothers, so rather than cut them down and destroy them for any future selling possibilities, i may just put the tips on in place of the midpipe, but if i have to, and if i need to then i will cut the two brothers down to about 7"-8" because i agree with the other reply, i too hate long pipes

As far as the PC goes, my motor has 19,000 miles with no pc or ecu flash. I have never run mullfers on a busa.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a Gen2 motor but I used a Gen1 header since it has no cats and added the tips straight to the header. Before the swap it was a 2002 motor and i ran the same way for about 5000miles. 2008+ busas have cats in the stock header.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am running the MotoGP tips on my busa with baffles inside them. They are really loud, and I dont have a PC either, nor is the bike tuned since I have been using these pipes. I dont see how there would be a big difference with what I am using and you chopping the pipe. I would think your side of the sound might be a little raspier. As far as damage goes, I havent noticed any power loss, nor am I experiencing any engine trouble. Does it cause damage later on down the road, I am not sure. I know that it does in fact lean the bike out more, and with any motor, it is not good to run to lean or to rich. But with that being said, if you truly care about your bike and you are strict with your maintenance, then I would wait and do it the right way. Save up the cash, do the mod then get it tuned.

You WILL NOT harm your engine by running it without mufflers. Regardless of whether or not it does or does not have a catalytic converter.
Just putting a Power Commannder on fixes nothing either. They offer base maps for various mufflers to get you closer, and they don't have one for an open header.
The only way to get it running the most efficiantly would be a dyno tune. Spending that much money(which I realize you currently don't have)would really be a waste, since you can buy a loud aftermarket exhaust that will tune well and make good power gains, like a Brocks Alienhead.
The ECU Editor is far superior than a Power Commander and can do many beneficial things, and it costs less.
As many have already stated though, you're fine. Like BA Busa suggested too, unbolt your mufflers and go for a ride. If you like it then, go for it.:beerchug:

Sixpack577- I've driven it about 5 miles with just midpipes, and I love it. Thank you for the advice, ill look into the ecu editor for sure and if its in my price range ill probably grab it. Thank you all for the replies and suggestions, and I now feel fairly certain that my busa will be fine without the mufflers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sixpack577- I've driven it about 5 miles with just midpipes, and I love it. Thank you for the advice, ill look into the ecu editor for sure and if its in my price range ill probably grab it. Thank you all for the replies and suggestions, and I now feel fairly certain that my busa will be fine without the mufflers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ecu Editor is $208, you should be able to get more than that for your mufflers.
There are many threads on it here, and many people including myself that love it.
Everything you need to know about your bike is here, someone has the answer.
Here's the link for the Ecu Editor
boostbysmith.com - Home

Here's a link to download the factory service manual, it comes in handy. The 2002 manual is what you want(unless you have 99 to 01, and they are listed that way) as 02 to 07 are all the same:beerchug:

Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles, free download of service manuals for your GSXR bikes

Ohh well is it really soft skinned here? Look at my screen name LANKEEYANKEE, Lankee cause I used to be really thin (thin to a guy is like fat to a chick) Yankee is a slang name for a northern person. its a slang name, I am also Italian and called a gini at times But Hey Fo Gwet Abowt it, life is short as we learned in 1st grade sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
I may not last long here cause I do speak my mind at times cause I am around bikers, I tend to be a little more softer and candied ass when I am at church, around women, children, and my boss.
Just my 2 cents and those that know me from the VMAX forum know me. I will help as much as i can to one, so please if you get offended by my wording dont take it personal I am just a Yankee on a motorcycle chat board.
I am the guy if your riding through Nashville on your busa from the forum at 3AM and you break down I will come and help!! so here is my number 615 268 3410

i removed the muffler and got baffled tips off ebay for $199,, my busa is an 04 and it runs great with those tips,,

i noticed cylindrical mesh/nets @ the ends of headers where the tips go,, aren't they cats?

99% of the restriction in the Busa is in the header. Removing the mufflers makes little difference other than making the bike louder. PC or tuning not required.

I ran mine without the can and it sounds awesome.Loud as hell, but sounds good but I left the yosh midpipe on.

Back