Gutting stock midpipes???

SKILLZ

Registered
I put my new Two Brothers slip ons on my 06 this evening and noticed that the midpipe has a muffler of its own. Has anyone gutted this muffler out for better flow?

<!--EDIT|SKILLZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152671202 -->

I haven't done it on the Busa but did gut the mid pipe on my '01 Bandit. Not an easy task, I had welder cut em open, gut em and weld it back. I've heard of folks doing it without cutting but it took for ever.

Surely I am not the first to look into this??
U got my attention ......I'm sure you'd loose backpressure and gain more sound/noise but it would have to do something to the performance .......negative/positive ?

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Anyone ?</span>

U got my attention ......I'm sure you'd loose backpressure and gain more sound/noise but it would have to do something to the performance .......negative/positive ?  

Now I'm confused. What are you calling a mid pipe? Are you talking about the area where the pipes make an X? Or maybe the area in front of the slip on?

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154016158 -->

Now I'm confused. What are you calling a mid pipe? Are you talking about the area where the pipes make an X? Or maybe the area in front of the slip on?
This is the piece that bolts directly to the muffler. On my bike its the stainless pipe.

Probably lose some torque and maybe gain 2 hp. I wouldn't do it, but I have lived and learned from trying stupid things like this.

Probably lose some torque and maybe gain 2 hp.  I wouldn't do it, but I have lived and learned from trying stupid things like this.
I think I take offense to that

And just for the record. before I did it I asked Warbaby's opinion he knows allot exhaust systems, reference his post on Exhaust myths vs reality

I explained to Warbaby what I was planning on doing and he gave me a thumbs up.

And I got a map from Johnny Cheese for it.

I am sure it does not put out the power an aftermarket system does mainly because most aftermarket systems have larger diameter headers and I am still using the stock ones..

But other than that, I have all the power and low end torque I need and the bike runs great..

So I think your comment about it being stupid is offensive.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154116849 -->

Back