custom tank question???

LeDauz

Registered
I know people have cut their tanks for racing but has anyone ever tried making it bigger or increasing the fuel capacity?

Idk? I haven't heard or seen anybody do it. I know the Yoshimura aluminum tank holds slightly more fuel but that thing retails for like $3000

::11

I posted a thread a Lil while ago about possibly adding another fuel tank 4 long distance rides and some of the Org members provided info & links on auxiliary fuel cells.

Good read on the thread, will admit not looking for the look of the ironbutt tanks that stick out.

Gana research some more, measure a few things and hit the drawing board. I know I can design what am wanting but don't have the talent or tools to fab a tank.

More comments and suggestions welcomed

fella out of north carolina did a custom build and used stock tank for tvs and i think a double din receiver, but had a tank custom fit into swingarm. wasnt but maybe 2.5 gallon tank plus it was a show bike so didnt really need much gas but it looked good and rode fine

if I hade the tools I could put together a nice one.

I want a bigger tank with a place for my gps or I-pad built in.

maybe I should go take a few credits of independent study up at the local CC machine/welding shop.

Back