Custom fuel system recommendation

hayabusa-car

Registered
Hi everyone hopefully this is the proper place to ask this question but I have a gen 1 Hayabusa engine that I will be installing in a car and one of the few things I have left to figure out is the fuel system I looked into just buying the stock fuel assembly but considering how much they go for I think making my own setup would be better. So my question is what fuel regulator and pump setup would you guys recommend? I was thinking about just going with an AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator (89-25-302BK) and a common bosch 044 pump but maybe you guys know of a better setup. Eventually, I plan to add a turbo kit to get 300hp but that still far in the future.

Hi everyone hopefully this is the proper place to ask this question but I have a gen 1 Hayabusa engine that I will be installing in a car and one of the few things I have left to figure out is the fuel system I looked into just buying the stock fuel assembly but considering how much they go for I think making my own setup would be better. So my question is what fuel regulator and pump setup would you guys recommend? I was thinking about just going with an AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator (89-25-302BK) and a common bosch 044 pump but maybe you guys know of a better setup. Eventually, I plan to add a turbo kit to get 300hp but that still far in the future.
Hi. I I use a DME mechanical fuel pump, but to do that you will also need an electric water pump. It also depends what you use for fuel. I use pump 93, VP X98 and VP M1. As I will be making over 750 HP. Yes it is driven on the street too, drage and LSR racing.

Cant use a mechanical fuel pump as the water pump is already being replaced with an oil pump. fuel will be 93. This build is more focused on reliability than all-out hp.

@hayabusa-car

if u use the original gen1 ecu & harness (partly?) & throttles
i guess i would recommend the original internal pump of the ´02-´07 and the flange of a ´02-´07 gen1 tank welded / soldered into your car´s tank.

Back