Gen 1 Fuel System Upgrade

busakiller

Registered
Hey guys so iam going to be upgrading my fuel system on my bike this winter and don't know what way I want to go. My bike has a 1397cc motor with headwork cams 13:1 compression. Iam debating on just doing a drop in tank fuel pump and some injectors. or go all out so I can reinstall my nitrous system. do injectors, fuel rail, external pump, and regulator.

what issues and things should I look out for when I do my fuel system upgrade?
what size injectors should I go with if iam looking for around 260 whp with nitrous?

Here’s my setup on my Nitrous Busa

Internal Bosch fuel pump
Billet fuel rail
S2000 injectors
Braided fuel lines

Would you be willing to give me more details on your fuel pump. I would like to put an aftermarket pump in my stock housing but haven't found much as DIY's on it.

Here’s my setup on my Nitrous Busa

Internal Bosch fuel pump
Billet fuel rail
S2000 injectors
Braided fuel lines

What does your bike make for power on spray and what fuel are you running?

I was looking at the bosch drop in pump and s200 injectors.

Would you be willing to give me more details on your fuel pump. I would like to put an aftermarket pump in my stock housing but haven't found much as DIY's on it.

Gotta google to be sure but there’s a couple threads on here and maybe psychobike that break it down step by step.

Basically you gotta go on eBay or to a euro car parts dealer and buy a Bosch fuel pump for an Audi/BMW. Model# 69420 make sure you buy the authentic OEM version. There are some knockoffs floating around out there that are no bueno......

When you get the fuel pump it will be encased in a black protective cover. You have to break that casing off and the actual fuel pump inside of that black shell will drop into a Busa fuel pump setup. Just gotta remove the stock pump and hook up the new Bosch. Been years since I did it so like I said I think Psychobike has a detailed break down on how to and that’s what I used and it’s been running like a champ ever since.

Look up my street comfortable performance upgrades thread I have dyno sheets posted and all the info on mods I’ve done.

Well I just bought some new s2000 and a 69420 fuel pump. Going to send out the ecu to get flashed and then get the bike tuned. 100 bucks for rebuilt injectors and 75 for the fuel pump. Wish I would of done this earlier.

Getting Reflashed may be pointless unless you are just taking out the restrictions and using 5th gear mapping but with those S2000s the ECU will need to be adjusted appropriately for them unless you plan on using a Power Commander to tune the fuel. With the S2000s you shouldn't need to mess with the regulator either unless you plan on shoving over 100hp+ of nitrous oxide.

I thought you had to get the ecu flashed for the s2000 injectors. I do plan on using my power commander to tune the bike. But I also want to get the Rev limiter bumped up and get the speed limiter removed. Was thinking of getting the limiter moved up to 11250 since the bike was still making power on the limiter. The power wasn't starting to drop yet.

I thought you had to get the ecu flashed for the s2000 injectors. I do plan on using my power commander to tune the bike. But I also want to get the Rev limiter bumped up and get the speed limiter removed. Was thinking of getting the limiter moved up to 11250 since the bike was still making power on the limiter. The power wasn't starting to drop yet.
Send ecu to Frank I know it’s said so much here but hell do it right. And with me he called me let me know all the things he was doing. Went above and beyond.

well this weekend I got out in the garage, I got my fuel pump in. bought a bosch 69420. bought some refirb s2000 injectors off ebay. just one big problem. the bike started right up and didn't require any change in the tune. I haven't had the ecu flashed either. so iam guessing the injectors are not the correct ones. super bummed

Back