CUSTOM DESIGNED SWINGARM

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I am a sport rider and a sport touring rider (I'll ride a day to get to 2 days of unexplored mountain roads). When I get there I ride hard, sometimes with, sometimes without luggage. If this describes your style, you'll understand the following: Occasionally, I go dragracing, occasionally I go to track days, trailering my bike. Lately, I've been considering going to Bonneville.
Given all that, I recently got into a lengthy e mail exchange with Canadian Mike and after much discussion, realized a custom designed swingarm would be perfect for the many "faces" I demand of my Hayabusa. Today Mike finished construction of our "project" and asked me if I wanted to see pics of it before it gets powdercoated.
The arm is briefly described as follows...0-6" adjustable, Busa arm with top box and struts removed, tubular bottom bracing installed. Cosmetically, it creates an open section as one views the side of the bike, and brings the rear shock into view. When I receive it, I'll post the complete install, meanwhile, below are the first completed(unpowdercoated) pics.

Dscn0029_1_1_.jpg

That is why custom stuff is so neat...what other pieces parts are on the wish / will have soon list?

That is why custom stuff is so neat...what other pieces parts are on the wish / will have soon list?
You know, this will pretty much finish my bike until I wear out the engine and big bore it. Don't forget, this will require different lengths of hi line chain, another chain guard, more sprockets yada yada! Raydog

P1000733.JPG

beerchug.gif
nice, what did that set you back
thumb_up.gif
Ya know, the price isn't a secret at all, and I would be curious too, I just would like to defer to Canadian Mike on that. I will say I researched many custom arm producers and Mikes stuff is built AT LEAST as well and probably 60-70% of most competitors prices. Remember, this isn't an already produced arm he takes off the shelf, it is the product of much discussion/design/customization/personalization for my needs! Raydog

ps PM him anytime, he is way accessible

Mike's the best!!

You would think after all the arms he's done he could afford a better floor!!!!!
guns.gif

looks great!!
cool.gif

lol1.gif
"RAY"...."I actually noticed the spool points right off the bat"...Niiiice...
coolold.gif
and when you're getting ready for a timed run up at Speed Week, let me know and I'll join ya. I'm doing my homework now, for a future run at Bonneville. Drop 3, back 4, gearing for topend, tires, and a BIG DOT O-R-G for the back of the leathers...........I don't care if she goes 200 even, I just wanna be in the books, "official-like" !
super.gif

Mike will be getting the call on the stretch......."when it's time"...
ThumbsUp.gif

If you guys come to Bonneville be sure to pm me your #'s when time gets close.....

Back