How is the swingarm design impacting dynamics

Busa3Fan

Registered
There are all kinds of swingarm designs in the motorcycle industry, how is their design impacting the motorcycle dynamics?

For sure a swingarm have to be strong but lightweight, and the design must look great for marketing purposes.

This is what I know.

So how are compared the following swingarms for a Gen 3 busa for example, same length:

- OEM Gen 3 Busa swingarm
- DME Racing swingarm
- Aprilira RSV4 2021 swingarm - lets say that it works on Gen 3 Busa

Does the swingarm design change the way our motorcycles handle and feel?

There are all kinds of swingarm designs in the motorcycle industry, how is their design impacting the motorcycle dynamics?

For sure a swingarm have to be strong but lightweight, and the design must look great for marketing purposes.

This is what I know.

So how are compared the following swingarms for a Gen 3 busa for example, same length:

- OEM Gen 3 Busa swingarm
- DME Racing swingarm
- Aprilira RSV4 2021 swingarm - lets say that it works on Gen 3 Busa

Does the swingarm design change the way our motorcycles handle and feel?
Yes the swingarm changes everything. It's torsional resistance impacts the handling of high HP bikes. All that power the swingarm is the one that takes the beating. Especially under lean and high acceleration. It takes load force from many angles.Pliability and deformation determines its handling character. One the options of swinarms presented all will be different since they were engineered with different goals in mind. I would take the Gen 3 swingarm. Even if you could put a RSV4 swingarm on it was never engineered to handle such a heavy bird as the Gen 3. Your performance will drop in cornering since that arm will twist more than the original. The swingarm is engineered to the weight of the motorcycle and the Weight to HP ratio. More Hp requires more stiffness to handle the load.

Screenshot_20220902-163438_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220902-163443_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220902-163447_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220902-163451_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220902-163456_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220902-163501_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220902-163510_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20220902-163501_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited:
Back