WORK TABLE part 4

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
For those of you that have seen my earlier posts about building my work table...today it's complete and I got the Busa up and secured for 5 weeks of improvements...and I got it up on the table alone! I am going to do the following:

Change oil (Amsoil)
Grease all rear suspension linkage bolts
Detail clean all under bodywork areas
Install new 0-6" swingarm (just designed and now being produced by Canadian Mike)
Install and fit new flat belly wing to accomodate new bottom bracing
of swingarm
Install Mccullough 5000 HID light system

Following are pics of todays conquest!
I wasn't sure if the belly would clear so this 1st pic shows everything off...just as a precaution

P1000950.JPG

lining it up and contemplating (and getting courage)

P1000947.JPG

here we go...I've done this for so many bikes in the past (alone) I have it in 1st gear running

P1000951.JPG

notice the 5/8" bar under the engine...I like how it stabilized it but I'm still looking at what to do when the old OEM swingarm comes out....I'll invent something. Thanks for viewing, more on the arm install later! Raydog

P1000966.JPG

looks great !! economical bench !!
when it cost too much build it yourself !!! I do the same !!

do you like the chock ?? need to buy some and want the baxley or the condor for trailoring but hate the price tag !!!

Love the chock! Others were wondering if it would clear the ft. rotors...clears fine and for $39...maybe not appropriate for a travel trailer but fine for work table! Raydog

Nicely done! I'd be nervous putting it up on the table though.

Now this is my kind of post! I did the exact same thing a few years ago. If the search were working I would include a link. Mine actually is designed to fold in half at the middle and the legs will unbolt for storage. Then I have a 2x12 ramp that attaches to the end with brackets. Looks like yours is a little taller than mine. Mine is at 16" right now but I may go up to 24" legs someday just to get a better angle on things! I also included Eye bolts for tie downs at the forward end of mine.Then finished it off with my own Chock.

Nice Work!
peace.gif

I would not put it up on the table my self.. You are good.
bowdown.gif

Turned out real nice..
clap.gif

Thanks you guys and Bigoltool, thanks for the description of yours, helps me with any retrofitting to make it better! Since Canadian Mike is 2-4 wks out on the swingarm, it's going to be living up there for a long time. Raydog (Doyle #2)

I wouldn't have the nerve to walk my busa up that ramp. And how about coming down off it backwards, that would really be fun. I think the older I get the wiser I become on my own capabilities and limitations.

teamw.jpeg

Back