Curious. Why the R1 throttle upgrade?

It takes less effort to go WOT. I'm doing it because I drag race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the write ups. My buddy has an 08 and he did this mod. I rode it and the throttle responce was a little quicker than mine. I forgot about this mod....one more for me to do now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have an 08 for street and weekend 1/4 mile racing I installed a quick throttle from schnitz it was 35 bucks and came with both grips which look almost identical to stock. I love em, but if ur not gonna drag race they probably aren't worth it but if u do they are totally worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

The inner radius where the cable attches is larger in diamter which means less motion to open throttle. A lot of dragracers use this known as a 1/4 turn throttle due to they mostly are WOT with a 2 step. I dont see a reason for this on a street bike unless you have a restriction of wrist movement from a handicap.
Its more difficult to ride on the street with a 1/4 turn throttle even more so on a Busa.
I dont see the advantage for street use. IMO
Yes when your at an idle and blip the throttle it sounds wicked and very responsive, but if you like throttle control for street use I wouldnt change a thing with the throttle ratio on a busa.

Traded bikes with a friend of mine a while back on a ride. When we stopped he asked me if I had put it into a slower mode...like B or C.I laughed and said no. You really have to twist the throttle to open her up. Did kind make me feel a little bad. Anyway, I have always thought that my bike takes a good turn of the wrist to go wot. I wouldn't mind lessening it.

I agree that a a 1/4 turn throttle is not practical for the street. The R1 or R6 throttle is more than a 1/4 turn so it's kind of that in between. You learn quickly how to modulate the throttle for the street with this mod.

I just put an 04 R6 throttle tube on my bike. Love it and it's not to much for the street IMO. Like stated above, you get acclimated quickly. No worries. And the quick turn throttle tube and left side grip from schnitz are identical to the yamaha's. Cheaper to buy them through a dealership in this case.

Back