Crossing Golden Gate Bridge

KOTH

Registered
This past summer I made an 8,000 mile cross-USA trip on my 2008 Hayabusa.

Thought I'd share a video of me crossing the Golden Gate. Not real exciting to watch but for those who haven't done it here is what it looks like.

- Hayabusa Across the Golden Gate Bridge[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
for get that. i'm scared to death of bridges over water like that. i about have a panic attack when i go over the bay bridge in my suv. its a beauitful stucture but you won't catch me dead on it lol

I also rode across the San Rafael bridge north of San Fran and across the Bay bridge going to San Fran from the Oakland/Berkeley area. Gusting winds can make things a little more interesting especially since the plastics turn the bike into a sail from the side.

My worst ride for wind was going across the top of Oregon in the Columbia River Gorge. I was oscillating in strong gusting winds for about 75 miles. No wonder the ridge there is lined with wind turbines. Add a little rain to that wind and I was happy to reach Portland that night.

Too bad it was foggy.

I rode up the Columbia River Gorge last June with Tufbusa; windy but didn't beat us around that bad...

IMG_0459 (Medium).jpg

I fully understand what you mean. We did the SaddleSore 1000 last year (AUG2010) and the GGB was near our turn around point:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-now-proud-members-iron-butt-association.html

We're planning another one: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/trips-touring/143980-5k-ccc-iba-run.html :please:

Congrats to you! Nice thread and nice pics. I hope your next excursion happens.

I'm contemplating making a loop around Lake Michigan. It will give me a chance to see some friends and cross the Mackinac bridge, stop by Lambeau Field, etc. We'll see what else comes to mind before this summer.

I was on the Golden Gate this last year on a clear day. The wind picked the bike up from under the metal grates you see, as you cross them. Caught me by surprise but was ready for the next set when I hit the North Tower.

We also have the Bay Bridge going into San Francisco. I've been stuck in traffic and have actually felt the bridge move side to side. The wind cranks up later in the day and WILL put you into another lane if you don't watch out or position yourself accordingly.

8k miles!!!??, Your definately an Iron butt. Where did you start your journey? Write up would be nice. I have alot of questions for you :laugh:

Video was cool because you're so far away from home. I have this in my back yard, and still take this picture every time I cross. Took this photo last Sunday. :thumbsup:

Hans Solo 2010 006.jpg

Hans Solo 2010 006.jpg

Back