Crappy Thanksgiving.

She's doing ok today. We have started a battery of prednisone and some vitamin and mineral suppliments. The cost of chemo is $2k - $6k. That is just not going to happen. The steroid and organic treatment option has helped dogs live an extra 1-6 months with a perfect quality of life. Kimberly and I are hoping for her to be here and happy thru Christmas. We told our son last night, he didn't handle it very well. Shelby (the dog) will be going to work with either Kimberly or me from now until the end. The biggest concern right now is respiratory distress from the swollen lymph nodes. Thanks for all the support. My German Shepherd doesn't understand why his buddy isn't outside anymore.

I will keep you guys updated. Thanks again.

Don

Sorry to hear about that. I had to have my dog (puppy) put down last night (Thanksgiving Day). He had some kind of Parvo type of virus. It was hard having to do that on Thanksgiving, but he is better off not suffering. I loved that little guy!

This past year has really sucked. Every where I have been, there have been health issues for someone. It all started last Thanksgiving with the death of my father from cancer. My mom has been in the hospital for going on a year now, but atleast things are improving slowly for her. My wife lost her grandfather in June due to a heart attack, and her father just had stints put in about a month ago!!

Anyway, sorry to jack your thread, but wanted you to know that I KNOW how you feel!!

Thoughts and prayers to you , your family, and your son!

Cancer sucks!
guns.gif

Back