Crank Vent Tubes

Revvv

Registered
Someone told me about rearranging some lines going to the crank case vents, moving them to the PVC valve (I think), and plugging the holes in the stock airbox.

Does anyone here have a clue as to what was being spoken of?

rock.gif

all_coholic.gif
 I have NO IDEA and haven't ever heard of doing this
wink.gif

It's on here somewhere...you can hook up the Pair valve so that instead of pumping
air into the exhaust for cleaner emissions...you can suck power robbing pressure out of the
crank case and pump it into the air box  
all_coholic.gif

It is suppose to add 1 or 2 hp even  
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 06 2007,19:02) It's on here somewhere...you can hook up the Pair valve so that instead of pumping
air into the exhaust for cleaner emissions...you can suck power robbing pressure out of the
crank case and pump it into the air box  
all_coholic.gif

It is suppose to add 1 or 2 hp even  
super.gif
OK, where do I find this information and possibly a diagram. I have tried searching, but I'm not finding anything.

(Revvv @ Aug. 06 2007,16:46) Someone told me about rearranging some lines going to the crank case vents, moving them to the PVC valve (I think), and plugging the holes in the stock airbox.

Does anyone here have a clue as to what was being spoken of?
Thats called the sucker mod (no pun intended lol) its supposed to possibly give you more power by relieving any pressure buildup in the crankcase (its actually supposed to give a slight vacuum) and allowing the motor to spin alittle easier. Theirs debate on what if anything it really does tho.

I add Lee's do the sucker mod on mine and I will tell that it does create a signifacant vacum on the case. After running for just a minute or so if you unscrew the oil cap you will feel and hear the suction

I did the sucker mod on my bike. It is real easy and yes you can notice a difference in the engines ability to run up faster. Hard to describe it is more responsive but maybe "less effort" is a better way to describe it. You will need a length of 1/2 hose, like 6 inches long, and adapter to connect the pair line to the crankcase. You cap off the line the leads to the airbox and that hose you connect to the pair line.

The pair line and the crankcase line aren't quite enough to hook up to each other so you need the small length of tube to make the circuit.

You will then be using the PAIR suction to decrease or eliminate the Crankcase pressure thus allowing less backpressure on the downstroke of the pistons.

I'm a little rushed rght now but if you need more help or description let me know and I will take more time as I can.

Once you get the adapter and the hose the actual mod takes like 10 minutes.

(TallTom @ Aug. 07 2007,04:40) I did the sucker mod on my bike.  It is real easy and yes you can notice a difference in the engines ability to run up faster.  Hard to describe it is more responsive but maybe "less effort" is a better way to describe it.  You will need a length of 1/2 hose, like 6 inches long, and adapter to connect the pair line to the crankcase.  You cap off the line the leads to the airbox and that hose you connect to the pair line.

The pair line and the crankcase line aren't quite enough to hook up to each other so you need the small length of tube to make the circuit.  

You will then be using the PAIR suction to decrease or eliminate the Crankcase pressure thus allowing less backpressure on the downstroke of the pistons.  

I'm  a little rushed rght now but if you need more help or description let me know and I will take more time as I can.

Once you get the adapter and the hose the actual mod takes like 10 minutes.
As detailed as that description is I still need some help. Treat me like an idiot.

OK I will do my best from memory. I don't want to decowl it and I am going on vacation tomorrow and am getting ready to pull the plug and start packing.....so here goes....and if this is still confusing them PM me next week and I will see where you are stuck.

The PAIR system has a long rubber hose that you can track back from the front of the engine to the bottom of the airbox. You will be disconnecting that hose.

The crankcase has a hose that goes from the crankcase to the airbox. I seem to recall this line as being a molded shape line that you can't easily bend. It is like an almost straight up easy to find hose. You will disconnect that one. The CC hose is like 8 inches long or somehwere around there. Now you will cap off both of those nipples on the airbox.

Note: You have 2 ways to finish this circuit. I simply removed the entire crankcase hose and added a length of new hose from the PAIR to the crankcase, saving me a fitting and two clamps.

OR

This leaves you with two 1/2 inch hoses that are not quite long enough to connect to each other. So, you need to get them attached with that new length of hose now. So you have 2 female end hoses, one from the PAIR and one from the crankcase. You will need an adapter for each end to make them a male end so that your new piece, which will be female on both ends can plug into the male nipples you made on the two lines. Use hose clamps to secure all the connections.

In the end what this will leave you will be two capped off nipples on the airbox (which is probably optional since both of these airbox inlets are pre-filter), and one line that runs from the crankcase up to the PAIR system.

What this will do is use the PAIR system as a vacuum pump and suck the crankcase pressure out to the exhaust and dump it out the pipe.

It takes longer to write the directions than it does to do the mod.

The right Fairing will need to be removed in order to do this mod. That takes longer than the mod also...:-)

K...I hope I recalled it all. Good luck. I will check in tonight if I get some time.

Back