Longer time to crank up engine

Hi does anyone know is it a comman sight to see a busa crank up engine takes a longer time? When i push the starter button it sometime take longer to crank up the engine yesterday just change the spark plug and i think i around a month didnt ride my baby already. Some guys or gals out there is this a problem or i just over reacted? kekekeke

Is it cranking the bike as fast as it used to when you first bought the bike? Maybe the battery is low or weak since it sat for a month. When you do get it started adjust the idle to just above 1k rpm.

Get the battery YTZ14S, the shipment should have arrived by now. If not, get the YTZ12S. It will work as well.

Yeah, it sounds like a weak battery. A lot of people have upgraded their battery. The original is good but, they get the bigger one to prevent starter kickback and less drainage problems from sitting for periods of time. You may want to get a Battery Tender to keep it charged when it is not in use. Did it crank any better over the next few days after riding it for some time?

Mine is starting to do that as well. Just took it to be due to sitting a while. Still cranks normal, but will not hold the revs up when it starts to catch. Took me about 3 minutes to get it fired up this weekend, as it was actually nice enuff to get out on it. Now taking the choke off for a few cranks, then choking it again to finally get it to catch. Almost like there's not enuff fuel in there to get going. After riding it starts fine though. Was beginning to think I got some bad gas somewhere......who knows??

it doesnt have a choke. it is fuel injected. all you are doing with that lever is adjusting the idle speed.

duh...he he he.. was tinkering with the old dodge Sunday, carb w/ maunal choke. stuck in my head. Cache to the rescue.......again.......
laugh.gif

Yeah, it sounds like a weak battery. A lot of people have upgraded their battery. The original is good but, they get the bigger one to prevent starter kickback and less drainage problems from sitting for periods of time. You may want to get a Battery Tender to keep it charged when it is not in use. Did it crank any better over the next few days after riding it for some time?
No much beta since i have been riding for a say around 3 to 4 days. So does it mean tat even i sent for charging of battery the problem still be around?

<!--EDIT|singaporebiker23
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074046409 -->

Is it cranking the bike as fast as it used to when you first bought the bike?   Maybe the battery is low or weak since it sat for a month.  When you do get it started adjust the idle to just above 1k rpm.
wat is the most standard of idling setting for a busa or can i say a 03 model busa as i got heard ppl say that 03 model busa the compression is much low or lesser than the rest of the earlier model? it is true?

I just rebuilt the Hayabusa motor with 85mm , 13.5/1 compression ,the engine turns over fast with no spark plugs in it but very slow with plugs in it , any suggestions?

Back