Cowl Removal

Sannosuke

Registered
Hey guys (and the few girls),

I was really intimidated at this whole project, kinda why I kept on putting if off. Just figured most of you guys are way more knowledgeable on this stuff and if it's giving you issues, what kind of mess am I going to be in.

Finally had some time (and balls) today to do the oil change and I must say, for a guy who's so inept at doing anything mechanical I completely aced the dreaded 'cowl removal'. No kidding guys, the first time it took me about 10 minutes to get the right side off and about 5 to put it back on (did it twice cause I'm a schmuck, forgot a screw). After you get how it works putting it back on is sooo simple. I didn't even use the Powerpoint slide... I tried but me Mac was having none of it. ;-)

Bike is so happy it purrs.

Just happy with glee, have to pass it along.

beerchug.gif
I hear the GenII can be complicated at times.

Good to know. I have also been intimidated by the whole process. I want to change out my stator cover and install fairing screens which both require removing the plastics.

Good work! I think the thing that takes so long the first time is just being affraid you are going to pull something to hard or in the wrong direction, at least I was. The second time is a breeze.

Back