Couldn't let her go

Cipher Complete

Registered
I work in a dearship during the summers when I am not teaching and coaching. I hadn't been in in a few weeks, and needed to go in and take some pics for bikes on eBay, and sitting there was the yellow and silver, 2007, GSXR 1000. It was bone stock, with 3500 miles. I could trade my 2006 Busa LE even up.
My Busa is exactly the way i want it, braided lines, black wheels, some powder coat goodies, akra slip ons, etc. Like I said, I teach and coach and have three kids, so I get one trip per year, maybe one track day. Other than that, I ride to work, or the bike sits in the garage. I hopped on the busa, with the title, rear seat, grab bar and some other odds and ends in a backpack, and headed down to the store to trade her away. I made it about 2 miles, pulled over, and called my boss to let him know I was going to keep the busa.
Did I make a mistake? I am thinking about riding the 1000 for a day, and then making my decision. So should the Busa still hold the spot in the garage and in my heart, or should I trade her out for a newer, wilder girl?

I have a friend that owns both bikes. The 1K is a great bike no doubt about it......for the track. But after about an hour on that bike on the road and an hour on the Busa you will notice a LOT of reasons to think about how you intend to use the bike. The Busa is a great bike for more categories than the 1K is. But yes the 1K is a potent weapon when needed for its intended purpose.

in my humble opinion, you did the right thing...at least, that is what i would do...however, you have to figure out what is right for you...there is a reason you stopped and didn't go through with it...once you figure out why you stopped, you will know the answer as to what you should do
beerchug.gif

I would love to have a gsxr1000 for the track but would never trade my Busa for one.

No replacement for diplacement.

And size = comfort.

Throw in a few bucks and trade for the 08 Busa.

Depends on how you ride. If you're in the twisties all the time, the 1K would be ideal but if you're doing long cruises all the time, the Busa IS the man!

--Wag--

I think you did the right thing. As most above said, it's about the comfort. They both have very similar speed and cornering abilities, but the Busa has the comfort.
beerchug.gif

As I stated in another thread I am wanting a 750 for track days. For everyday riding I would never give up my Busa except for another one. If not possible now wait till you can have both.

I love the 1k Gix but no way would I trade my busa for one. My track skills are not sufficiently honed to tackle a beast like that. I'd a get an SV650 for the track and then work my way up to a 750 (but that's me). I like the more all-around attributes of the busa too much to give them up.

Back