Corbin seat help.

13B-RX3

Registered
I'm having a problem installing my rear seat on my 2005. I emailed Corbin with a detailed description and pictures. They replied asking for a detailed description and pictures. They are of no help so maybe y'all can help me out.

There are twe rubber bumpers on the front of the seat that are occupying the same space as the rubber bumpers on the tail, that the original seat rested on. Has anyone run into this? Without the tail on the seat fits fine. I don't think it would be a good idea to remove the bumpers from the tail, because they are part of what holds the tail on. Did they maybe install bumpers on the seat where they don't belong? A picture of the bottom of someone's seat that fits would be very helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

20221222_101821.jpg

20221222_101744.jpg

20221222_101728.jpg

20221220_173048.jpg

That's not an option for me. I can't see modifying the bike for a poorly engineered/improperly assembled seat. Not to mention that the hump rides on the same bumper. If you remove them the hump will ride on the tail instead.

I was trying to determine if the bumpers on the Corbin seat were in fact supposed to be there, but apparently they are. They won't be for long though.

I have a question for all in the .org :
do you also have (at ur country) the custom of fooling friends on april 1st?

if so - hey @13B-RX3 ask the question again on april 1st and we´ll have lots of fun - today it is the dec. 24th

if not - hey @13B-RX3 how about a moment to think about it ?

I'm sorry, I don't follow?

If you're implying that I answered my own question, there is a method to my madness. If I remove the bumpers from the seat, at that point I have voided the warranty. If the bumpers were not supposed to be there and I remove them, then that's on Corbin.

Or....... I just don't get German humor.

@13B-RX3

babe? you wanna fool us (and me) ? warranty for a screw unscrewed?

or are you so young that you left ur bicycle a week ago behind for change to a motorized vehicle ?

man fu_k for warranty by corbin - unscrew the 2 rubbers (either at tail or at seat) and put the seat on the bike

i pers. would unscrew the rubber from the seat

and please don't fool us again until next april 1st with such a question :lol:

Babe? Thanks for the advice sweet pea.

How about a little American humor for you.

Why did God create aircraft mechanics......

So pilots could have heros too.

Last edited:
lill question at the end

where are the threads 4 the 2 screws 4 the lock-part what should be screwed at the underside of the seat?

for me the seat is not built for the busa
btw for me there is something missing (2 inner threads)

the entire seat lock is built in 2 pieces one at the tail / one at the seat

and the "spacer" at the seat´s end is missing totally

watch this pic of gen1 2nd seat

5a72631d-0c92-4fb3-a320-c04f7d535d21?rule=$_57.jpg

Back