Corbin seat help and battery !

220 is plenty!

Registered
Hi To All
I bought a Corbin seat from the USA nice looking seat but one problem it dosen't fit. On the bottom of the seat it has the markings saying GSX1300r-f and it is the only seat they list on there site. wwwcorbin.com  When i try to fit the seat it fowls on the battary top. I don't know if it's the orignal battary so if anyone can help with this, then i need you to tell me how deep is your battary !. Battarys on new bikes if possable. So i can rule it out or get a new battary. I might have a faulty seat. But i don't know so all help needed. Thanks steve

Are you sure its fouling?
The reason I ask is I have an '02 with a corbin and the fit is very very tight to get those side bolts through.
I thought mine was fouling but when I pulled the seat off I could tell it wasn't. Was just real tight.

I called corbin and they said to just use a cautious application of elbow grease.

Thanks for the reply. I have had a look and the underside of the seat hits the top of the battary. There is small rubber things on the seat and even with the front two removed it still hits the battary. I need to know if the standard battary is smaller in height. I don't know if mine is standard or not.

Sorry no pics. On mine tho if I remember right the rubber feet rested on the frame not the battery.

I know Corbin Had to redesign their seat for the 2003's. If you have a 2003 you might want to make sure you got the correct seat. Apparantly Suzuki made some sorta change for 2003 that Corbin had to react to...

i have a corbin on a 2001 and one tight fit, but no fouling... When i get in later i will take a pic of the seat's bottom and the battery. The stock battery is shorter than most batteries

I have done a digging around and my bike has the orignal Suzuki battery. The same battery in the dealers on there bikes also. So it must be the seat bottom. Please post pics of the bottom of your Corbin Seats. It will only take two min too take it off. Thanks steve

Back