Corbin Seat Help and Battary !

220 is plenty!

Registered
Hi To All
I bought a Corbin seat from the USA nice looking seat but one problem it dosen't fit. On the bottom of the seat it has the markings saying GSX1300r-f and it is the only seat they list on there site. wwwcorbin.com  When i try to fit the seat it fowls on the battary top. I don't know if it's the orignal battary so if anyone can help with this, then i need you to tell me how deep is your battary !. Battarys on new bikes if possable. So i can rule it out or get a new battary. I might have a faulty seat. But i don't know so all help needed. Thanks steve

The stock seat on the US model has a little foam bumper which keeps the battery from bouncing around. Does yours have this? If you bought the bike used the previous owner may have replaced the stock battery with one that is a little taller since the stock replacement is pretty expensive. Here is the battery and dimensions that Yuasa lists. You could measure it to see if it has the right dimensions.

Battery Family: Maintenance Free
Battery Type: YT12A-BS
Voltage: 12
Capacity: 9.5
Dimensions: 6" x 3.4375" x 4.1875"
Weight: 6.3 lbs.
Metric Dimensions: 150mm x 87mm x 105mm
Metric Weight: 2.8 kg
Polarity:
Acid Volume: 0.5
Amps: 1
C.C.A.: 175

thanks for the replys. it has the standard factory battary but still hits the top of the battary. I will never buy Corbin again. customer services is rubbish. The seat came from the USA to me in the UK. They can't even give me a pic of the bottom of another seat so i can check i have the correct one
thanks

Back