Corbin Seat comfort mod.

mike1180

Banned
I love my Corbin seat.
The foam is firm yet does not hurt my skinny butt.
But there seemed to be a ridge along the edge of each side (in red) that started to cut off the circulation to my legs after a long ride.
It needed a bit of adjusting, so I drilled put the rivets holding the cover on, peeled it back, sliced off some foam and then smoothed it out with a belt sander and fine paper (be careful it eats foam if you are not), replaced the cover and added new pop rivets and ....fixed.
I didn't take off much but it was enough to stop the problem.
Much more comfy now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Very nice, I haven't been bothered by the edges of my Corbin, but if it happens, I'll sure copy you! Raydog

P1010552.JPG

Very nice, I haven't been bothered by the edges of my Corbin, but if it happens, I'll sure copy you! Raydog
you will need a "skinny azz" first... :rofl: I need something to keep my leathers from "sticking" to the leather on the corbin seat myself...

where did you get your corbin and how much....i had corbins on both my harleys and all my cbx's need one for the busa...nice job on you seat:thumbsup:

Very creative! What size rivets did you use when you put the cover back on?

I have a big box of mixed sizes, and just picked the ones that fit into the existing holes.
It is easy to drill new holes to fit whatever rivets you have too.
I used a 1/8 inch drill bit to drill them out, and it didn't make the holes in the seat any bigger, so I would guess that is the size.
They needed a fairly large head (or washer) to stop the material from ripping, and were only about 1/2 inch long.

where did you get your corbin and how much....i had corbins on both my harleys and all my cbx's need one for the busa...nice job on you seat:thumbsup:

Thanks.
I got it at a shop in Vancouver, and you won't want to get it there.
Too much exchange and shipping.
They are sold at lots of places in the US.
Anyone have a lead for him?

Last edited:
Cool stuff.. my Corbin is schedules for delivery on the 29th.. I'll have to see if the ridges cause me any trouble and copy if needed.

you will need a "skinny azz" first... :rofl: I need something to keep my leathers from "sticking" to the leather on the corbin seat myself...
we tried that... also tried "leather wax" and "ArmorAll" the later worked sort of ok but not really "acceptable"

we tried that... also tried "leather wax" and "ArmorAll" the later worked sort of ok but not really "acceptable"

Yeah mine is real sticky too.
I don't lean off much so I like it, but I can see it being a bother (along with the shape of the seat) if you are dragging a knee a lot.

I've had Corbin seats on several bikes and bought one for my Busa. Sadly, it doesn't work for someone as short as me (5'7").

First, with the lower Buell footpegs, it put a lot of pressure on my inner thighs, so what you Mike1180 did would help with that.

So then I reinstalled the stock footpegs and the pressure moved back futher along the backs of my legs, much better, but still not great.

If I slide way back on the Corbin, my whole butt is held perfectly by the seat, balanced nicely with the pressure on the backs of my legs. But this leans me way too far forward to be comfortable.

My take is that the Corbin seat is made perfectly for someone taller than me. If I were 6 feet tall, this seat would be wonderful. But for now, I've gone back to my stocker and am thinking about buying a Tobin seat.

I've had Corbin seats on several bikes and bought one for my Busa. Sadly, it doesn't work for someone as short as me (5'7").

First, with the lower Buell footpegs, it put a lot of pressure on my inner thighs, so what you Mike1180 did would help with that.

So then I reinstalled the stock footpegs and the pressure moved back futher along the backs of my legs, much better, but still not great.

If I slide way back on the Corbin, my whole butt is held perfectly by the seat, balanced nicely with the pressure on the backs of my legs. But this leans me way too far forward to be comfortable.

My take is that the Corbin seat is made perfectly for someone taller than me. If I were 6 feet tall, this seat would be wonderful. But for now, I've gone back to my stocker and am thinking about buying a Tobin seat.

I have a Corbin seat, New Image seat and Buell pegs and Genmar risers for my Busa. I'm 6'0" tall with a 34" inseam. The Corbin fits me perfectly. The New Image seat puts alot of pressure on my inner thighs. Maybe the New Image seat would work better with the stock pegs.

That is exactly my symptoms, and my mod does fix it, for me and I think it would for you too.
I have the Buell pegs too, and now I can use them with the seat, and no sore thighs.
Good luck!

I don't know what Corbin is offering these days, but when I bought mine in '05 the customer could choose the raised ridge or smooth seam. With the raised ridge you could select a piping color. In spite of that I chose the smooth seam to avoid the very problem you had.
Although the Corbin is unbelievably comfortable, especially on long rides, it is wide. I hang off the bike a lot, and the pressure from my outside leg has caused a slight wrinkle to develop on both sides of the seat.

Back