Corbin Beetle Bags Gen II Owners

neoBusa

Registered
So I reviewed the installation guide, trying to asses the time it would take to get the saddles on and off. seemed to be an easy task, but needed to check with owners of GenII with the beetle bags to know how much time it takes to put them on and takem off.

And for those who have owned them for some time, how's the build quality? Thanks.
neo

The bike on their site Org/Blk '08...is my bike. I got the first set ever made...the quality is awesome. They really are not designed to be removed...are you wanting to take them off while on a road trip? Or just use them once and a while during the season?
Posted via Mobile Device

BA Busa, how's the color match on them with the orange on the bike, in the corbin pics the beetle bags look a shade lighter and not a 100% perfect match. Would it be possible for a few close up pics of them on your bike? These bags are ridiculously expensive, but if i were to buy hard luggage, these would definitely be the one's, they just seem to blend in the bike well, unlike the traxboxes-kind of look like a treasure chest attached to the side of the busa:rofl:. No offense to anyone that has the traxboxes, just not my style and i would want something that blends in with the bike better

I think those are meant to stay on for the long haul (as stated earlier). The more you take them on-off the more they will get dinged up.

I have to agree. I am at the age where the busa is a weekend toy, but if I had to use it for everyday commuting, I'd not buy Corbin just because of the ridiculous price.

I'm in the same boat. That price is absurd at over 10% of the cost of the bike at full retail.

You would think they would lower the price go ahead and sell a few sets. You hardly ever see them. I'd like to have a set but bought a good used KTM 200 dirt bike for the same price. :thumbsup:

It's really to bad. I went round and round on the decision to buy or not myself recently. As bas as I wanted the Corbins I just couldn't do it. They look awesome and the "idea" is there but the price was only part of the decision not to buy. The fact that there is no easy or simple removal and the lack of reasonable packing space is what sealed the deal for us.

It's really a shame as they look sweet and flow so well with the design of the Busa. I wanted to love them and have a set in the worst way but ended up buying a set of Trax Aluma-boxes.

To the OP, if you get a set please post your final thoughts and experiences.

Todd

I purchased a set of bags and they came in on 2/23/15. Had them installed by a Suzuki dealership...looks real nice, but the bags don't lick securely and it has gaps on the sides allowing water in and the paint has cracks in certain areas....took the whole bike to the Florida shop and they couldn't fix the lids after about an hour of working at it. Had to send to California to repaint and fix....they came back to me with no work being performed. Called for over a week and no one return calls and it was well within warranty period....the company owner won't even return calls, so you can pretty much guess how their products are.....I will NEVER buy anything from this company again....almost $2,000.00 for poor service and poor product...

Corbin is junk . Givi V35 bags with a sw motech rack . one n done for less than 800 bucks

Sorry about your headache. Ditto on the Givi bags and SW Motech side and rear racks, great stuff.

I do like my Corbin seats however.

I have them installed and I like them, but yes, the price was VERY high. I haven't had any issues with leaks, but then, I haven't been out in an all out downpour either. The issues that I have seen seem to be with a variability in manufacturing; lids not fitting right, not locking properly, etc. I got lucky. Problem is, something that expensive shouldn't depend on luck. If I had it to do again, I would go with the Givi Bags...

Since they are installed though, they look great and work well for me.

I've got the Corbin bags on a 2011; they are way over priced, the gap between the bags and the bike isn't to attractive and the locks could be better. I placed some black rubber door trim btwn the bag and the bike cleaned up the gap and used some foam in the lock housing to shut the clattering locks up. My bikes my daily rider to and from everywhere. It takes me about 30 minutes to take off; last time I took them off to install lights in the bags, and run my phone charging cord. My wife said I could buy them which means she can bring more stuff lol. I am gonna sell mine next April for about 700 bucks because that's how much I think they are worth. The black bags color match is pretty close.

Back