Cop crash chasing motorcycle!!

I hope the officer heals quickly....on a side note that time of morn there isnt much traffic maybe he should have picked a different battle.

I don't know why some of these guys think they can chase a sport bike in a car. Get what info you can and use the radio. Hope he recovers fully.

I don't know why some of these guys think they can chase a sport bike in a car. Get what info you can and use the radio. Hope he recovers fully.

Agreed...sometimes it's just not worth the risk to yourself or others chasing down a guy like that. Hoping for a full recovery!

"Investigators say they are looking for a white man who was driving a black sport motorcycle. They think he was wearing a black leather jacket and a dark helmet."

That certainly narrows down the suspects a bit...

man that sucks for the officer but I dunno if its a good idea to chase a sports bike with a heavy ass crown vik.. :banghead: Luckily there was no one else hurt or any other vehicles involved.. in PA we have a "no chase" law where the cops wont chase you or cut off after a certain speed...

We have the same exact laws down in South Carolina too but I guess the cop thought he had a chance. :banghead: Also, with that great description of the suspect they should have him locked up soon... NOT! It's like a thousand guys riding around fitting that description. :laugh: I really and sincerely pray that he heals and is back to work soon! :please:

I held my breath for a minute after opening this link....from the back, my bike is dark but I was not anywhere South of Easley so I'm good.

Deff chose a bad battle, alot of states and departments have some sort of "no Chase" policy, it gets disregarded far to often. I think bravado and testosterone get in the way.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I am sorry, Any IDIOT that chases a motorcycle for a speeding ticket , Is just that an IDIOT,
Some kid on a bike out having fun and a cop with a Barney attitude,
Get on the Raido, set up a road block,
Mike

S.C. has no State Law preventing a pursuit. However some departments / offices do. Most officers don't pursue bikes because the outcome is typically bad for the rider. In this case it didn't work out well for the trooper. Hopefully he will take something besides a deep desire to punish all sportbike riders from this.

I hope he heals up quickly....but he should not have chased theat biker...at the end they say they want to send the biker to jail??? I would hate to be on the road when that trooper recovers and isback on the job. Every bike he sees is in deep trouble.:banghead:

I hope he heals up quickly....but he should not have chased theat biker...at the end they say they want to send the biker to jail??? I would hate to be on the road when that trooper recovers and isback on the job. Every bike he sees is in deep trouble.:banghead:

I agree, it's already bad.

seriously the description of the biker was pretty much 70-80% of the bikers out there :lol: hopefully he had a dashcam and was recording so they can get a tag and get the right guy instead of messing with every biker in that area/state..

why so intersted in catching a speeder?

dont chase. PERIOD. at some point fate will catch him.

I held my breath for a minute after opening this link....from the back, my bike is dark but I was not anywhere South of Easley so I'm good.

You are not good, anyone fitting that description should expect to be at least checked out. And sportbikers should expect a ticket even if they are doing 1 mph over the speed limit in that state. I am pretty sure they are going to be in a really bad mood about what happened. They probably aren't thinking he shouldn't have tried to stop them, more he shouldn't have been doing 100mph. He should have stopped. :banghead:These people make me wish I had a cruiser:banghead:

Back