Cop crash chasing motorcycle!!

motorcycles are not toys. if u get on ur motorcycle and operate recklessly and engage police in pursuit its no different then doing it in ur car. the statute doesnt change and its just as dangerous to the suspect and the public when engaging police in pursuit with a bike as it is a car.

a lot of people are under the impression that cops cant chase motorcycles or that its a bad idea to do so. really? its funny how when a cop chases a bike and either the suspect or the cop crashes its the cop that should have known better......:whistle: keep dreaming!

howbout the guy actually breaking the law? should he have known better? oh hes on a motorcycle so he gets a free pass. lmao....

you run from the police around here you will be pursued just as you will down south. ull either get away, get caught and sent to jail or crash and die. you chose.

the general public is under the impression that because ur on a bike you should not pursued when committing a crime. a crime that could be simply a speeding ticket or the operator could have multible warrants or could be transporting narcotics, guns and money which is a very popular way to do so and has been for decades. or they could have committed a robbery or burglary which is another popular way to do so on a motorcyle cause its easier for you to get away and if ur wearing a helmet no one can identify you. you dont get a free pass cause ur on a motorcycle. anyone who thinks that is living in a fantasy world.

the only IDIOT here is the guy trying to get away.

motorcycles are not toys. if u get on ur motorcycle and operate recklessly and engage police in pursuit its no different then doing it in ur car. the statute doesnt change and its just as dangerous to the suspect and the public when engaging police in pursuit with a bike as it is a car.

a lot of people are under the impression that cops cant chase motorcycles or that its a bad idea to do so. really? its funny how when a cop chases a bike and either the suspect or the cop crashes its the cop that should have known better......:whistle: keep dreaming!

howbout the guy actually breaking the law? should he have known better? oh hes on a motorcycle so he gets a free pass. lmao....

you run from the police around here you will be pursued just as you will down south. ull either get away, get caught and sent to jail or crash and die. you chose.

the general public is under the impression that because ur on a bike you should not pursued when committing a crime. a crime that could be simply a speeding ticket or the operator could have multible warrants or could be transporting narcotics, guns and money which is a very popular way to do so and has been for decades. or they could have committed a robbery or burglary which is another popular way to do so on a motorcyle cause its easier for you to get away and if ur wearing a helmet no one can identify you. you dont get a free pass cause ur on a motorcycle. anyone who thinks that is living in a fantasy world.

Wish I could like this more than once.

Sad to hear about the LEO, hope he heals fast.

I'm propably out of line, but believe we are all responsible for our own destiny, up to a point. Sounds as if they are holding the biker responsible for his accident.

Sad to hear about the LEO, hope he heals fast.

I'm propably out of line, but believe we are all responsible for our own destiny, up to a point. Sounds as if they are holding the biker responsible for his accident.

He is responsible for his accident

Like I asked earlier, there is a good possibility that he didn't even know he was being chased. It is his responsibility for breaking the law by speeding however I fail to see his ownership of an officer that was unable to control his own vehicle trying to pursue him. We own some of the fastest machines known to man and I can almost guarantee that all of us have broken the law at one time or another. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

The way they are talking about trying to save / recover that video. Sounds like it was a chase.

OK I can see if the motorcycle fit the description fleeing the scene of a felony crime such as a robbery, murder, rape etc. but to just start chasing a motorcycle because he was speeding is endangering yourself, the cyclist, other drivers and possible pedestrians during the chase is asinine!
Driver spotted speeding, pull out hit your lights and sirens,, If the motorcycle doesn't slow down or speed up continue if you see the drivers speed increase radio ahead and BACK OFF!
Trooper was dumb, now he inured himself, totaled a cop car and racking up medical bills and for who to pay??? YUPPP Tax Payers!! What a waste, pull his badge and hope he gets a job as a mall rental cop.
Throws donut :moon:

the operator could have multible warrants or could be transporting narcotics, guns and money which is a very popular way to do so and has been for decades. or they could have committed a robbery or burglary which is another popular way to do so on a motorcyle cause its easier for you to get away and if ur wearing a helmet no one can identify you. you dont get a free pass cause ur on a motorcycle. anyone who thinks that is living in a fantasy world.

Transporting narcotics? Hmm if I was a drug peddler I think I would be transporting my goods in something like a car? Never heard of a motorcyclist picking up 200 kilos from Miami to transport it up to NYC on a motorcycle. Last I checked no law against carrying a firearm or money..

Most motorcycle accidents that involve speed are the driver of the motorcycle. Yes it can happen where the motorcycle strikes a car in a collision but chances are the driver isnt going to be seriously injured its the cyclist.. OK now the chase is on we have 3-5 3800 pound cruiser chasing a motorcycle at a high rate of speed now the danger has increased dramatically! Cruiser is weaving in and out of traffic trying to catch the motorcycle.. OK whats different now that the cop is doing the samething???????
Give it up unless the suspect matched the description of a f felony let it go! Chase now rather then one motorcycle risking others you have a 3800 lb cruiser added to the serious potential risk of fatality.

I don't know why some of these guys think they can chase a sport bike in a car. Get what info you can and use the radio. Hope he recovers fully.

It's called adrenaline and testosterone. I feel bad for the cop getting hurt, but he made the choice to pursue at high speeds over a traffic violation. I'm not saying I support running for the cops, but it's not the rider's fault he crashed. The rider did not make him pursue him or not be able to control his vehicle.

+100 hope the popo is OK. Better lay low if you match that description.
That cop messed up and someone"else" must pay. Stay safe guys. Always bet on blue.

i mean im glad the guys alright but seriously are you stupid trying to follow the guy on a sportbike around corners... especially when the other thing i just read the officer was over doubling the speed limit through an extremely windy road

Get well, then behind a desk.

Sad that the biker, who may not have even known he was being "chased" used very loosely here, will be punished for a cop's testosterone trip.

Grab a donut, grab the radio, and radio ahead. No gas wasted, no lives put in danger because you are trying to catch a 400 lb 150hp bike with your 4000 lb 150 hp cruiser.

Enough stereotypes to show slight saracasm?

why so interested in catching a speeder?

don't chase. PERIOD. at some point fate will catch him.

Agreed. I had a buddy who was working out of a small town around Seattle and he clocked a bike at +140. Knowing he didn't have a chance he notified King County. Three minutes later they call out he has balled up his bike in a parking lot. Apparently he clipped a now concrete divider. And to make maters worse no one was chasing him. Those kind of speeds on city streets = Newton will intervene. The cops just have to leisurely drive to the scene of the single bike accident.

Hope the Officer heals up ok.

If the rider knew he was being chased he made a poor choice running. A Hayabusa was involved in an incident here in Florida where the Trooper died in the pursuit. The rider is still in jail and I believe will be for some time. Most agencies have modified their pursuit polices because of things like this. It's not worth the risk for anyone involved usually. If you see blue lights nut up and deal with it. It's not worth throwing your life away.

I heard about this on the radio and knew it was bad, but that car was destroyed.

I ride a black/orange bike, have a black leather jacket and a black helmet..........

I usually watch my speed on the interstate leaving the Greenville area anyway, but should be more careful for a bit.

So, you guys ready for this?

A South Carolina Highway Patrol Officer rolls into my compound right after I get back from riding with Ezduzit. He doesn't hear me come out of my camper and goes up to knock on my office door. I ask him if he was here about the wreck and he says yes. He states that he was responding to a tip. I told him that I did ride on Sunday but was no where near the area that the accident happened. He then asked me if he could look inside my storage container, that he was looking for a black bike. I said of course and let him in. After inspecting the container, he proceeds to tell me that they have a pretty good idea who the guy is but I couldn't get anything more out of him except he was white, in his 20's, medium build. I asked if the officer thought the guy knew he was being chased and he said yes. Gave me his card and asked to call him if I learned of anything.

sorry its my opinion in situations like that its bad enough that the person on the bike is putting peoples lives at jeopardy we dont need another person trying to chase them putting ppls lives in jeopardy even more and extending things out... just my opinion

So, you guys ready for this?

A South Carolina Highway Patrol Officer rolls into my compound right after I get back from riding with Ezduzit. He doesn't hear me come out of my camper and goes up to knock on my office door. I ask him if he was here about the wreck and he says yes. He states that he was responding to a tip. I told him that I did ride on Sunday but was no where near the area that the accident happened. He then asked me if he could look inside my storage container, that he was looking for a black bike. I said of course and let him in. After inspecting the container, he proceeds to tell me that they have a pretty good idea who the guy is but I couldn't get anything more out of him except he was white, in his 20's, medium build. I asked if the officer thought the guy knew he was being chased and he said yes. Gave me his card and asked to call him if I learned of anything.

generic description of most people who ride sportbikes... that my friend is called fishing haha

sorry its my opinion in situations like that its bad enough that the person on the bike is putting peoples lives at jeopardy we dont need another person trying to chase them putting ppls lives in jeopardy even more and extending things out... just my opinion
I agree however I kept that opinion to myself:beerchug:

Back