COOLING FAN MOD

HORNYTOAD

Registered
HERE IS A COOLING FAN MOD. IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE THE SWITCH TO MANUALLY CONTROL THE FAN OR LEAVE IT OFF AND THE FAN WILL OPERATE NORMALLY. SPLICE INTO THE GROUND WIRE OF THE FAN (NOT THE BLUE ONE) AND INSTALL A SWITCH ON THE WIRE YOU SPLICED IT WITH. CONNECT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SWITCH TO A GOOD GROUND. I MOUNTED MY SWITCH ON THE LEFT SIDE COVER OF THE FAIRING IN THE EDGE THAT TURNS DOWN...IT ISNT VISIBLE UNLESS YOU KNOW IT'S THERE. MINE WORKS GREAT
race.gif

bluegrab.gif

Cool. That might be what my extra PMR switch will be used for.

Do you have any pics of what you did?

I'LL TAKE SOME PICS TO SHOW YOU WHAT I DID. I HAVE ALSO DRAWN SOME SCHEMATICS OF SOME OTHER MODS I'VE COME UP WHILE I WAS BORED. ONE IS FOR SHOW PURPOSES IT KEEPS THE TURN SIGNALS TAILLIGHT ON WHILE THE IGNITION IS OFF. I AM ALSO WORKING ON SOME COOL STEREO INSTALL MODS. MORE TO COME
guns.gif

I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND EVEN DURING THE STAGNANT TRAFFIC OF BIKE WEEK WITH A STOCK FAN I NEVER WENT PAST 1/2

(HORNYTOAD @ Mar. 23 2007,01:36) I'LL TAKE SOME PICS TO SHOW YOU WHAT I DID. I HAVE ALSO DRAWN SOME SCHEMATICS OF SOME OTHER MODS I'VE COME UP WHILE I WAS BORED. ONE IS FOR SHOW PURPOSES IT KEEPS THE TURN SIGNALS TAILLIGHT ON WHILE THE IGNITION IS OFF. I AM ALSO WORKING ON SOME COOL STEREO INSTALL MODS. MORE TO COME
guns.gif
i wanna see pics and stereomod sounds cool. show me please.
jump9.gif

(HORNYTOAD @ Mar. 21 2007,23:13) SPLICE INTO THE GROUND WIRE OF THE FAN (NOT THE BLUE ONE) AND INSTALL A SWITCH ON THE WIRE YOU SPLICED IT WITH. CONNECT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SWITCH TO A GOOD GROUND.
Am I missing something here? Ground & ground???

That is correct. I did this mod too. The fan is always hot and comes on when the temp sensor closes. Normally open circuit..........

I would love to do this too, so please post up a "HOW TO" for us Hornytoad.....

I can do it with some basic guidance....wiring just ain't my strong point....

I have trouble sometimes when it's REALLY HOT here in Mississippi...riding in the SLLLOOOOWW traffic!!!

I appreciate it in advance bro.....Chris

100_4453copy.jpg

Did this mod and it worked out real sweet.. Follow his instructions to a "T" and you'll be fine..
super.gif

Thanks for the how too..
bowdown.gif

Does anyone have more explicit instruction for this mod? Like the type of switch that can be used and some pics?

I used micro switches (10amp) from Radio Shack with a led indicator light also from Radio Shack..

So, if I wire this switch in and leave it on to cool the bike, will it shut itself off when shutting the bike off or will it continue to run until the battery juice runs down?

(MrHans @ May 27 2007,09:52) So, if I wire this switch in and leave it on to cool the bike, will it shut itself off when shutting the bike off or will it continue to run until the battery juice runs down?
Run until juice runs out..

MC did this and his turns off with the key.. pm him or Omar for the how to..

Thanks. Good tip!

I used to do this to my Honda factory turbos and it's a BIG help in keeping the temp down when you get into bumper to bumper traffic etc...

In fact, I just recommended my buddy do it to his freshly turboed busa... I'll print this up and pass it onto him.

Thanks again!

Any pics or schematics?

HERE IS A COOLING FAN MOD. IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE THE SWITCH TO MANUALLY CONTROL THE FAN OR LEAVE IT OFF AND THE FAN WILL OPERATE NORMALLY. SPLICE INTO THE GROUND WIRE OF THE FAN (NOT THE BLUE ONE) AND INSTALL A SWITCH ON THE WIRE YOU SPLICED IT WITH. CONNECT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SWITCH TO A GOOD GROUND. I MOUNTED MY SWITCH ON THE LEFT SIDE COVER OF THE FAIRING IN THE EDGE THAT TURNS DOWN...IT ISNT VISIBLE UNLESS YOU KNOW IT'S THERE. MINE WORKS GREAT
race.gif
bluegrab.gif

Back