Cooling Draining Out

adarshkdagur

Registered
Hi Friends,
I have started to face a peculiar problem of Coolant getting drained out of Coolant tank drain hose after I came from a ride and switched off the bike. The coolant did not come out till the bike was running and moving. I topped up the coolant, started it few times, no issues were faced when standing. Later on when I went on ride again, after coming back and switching off the bike the coolant drained again. Anybody possible causes. The temp gauge showing normal temp, fan switching on when bike gets heated.

Hi Friends,
I have started to face a peculiar problem of Coolant getting drained out of Coolant tank drain hose after I came from a ride and switched off the bike. The coolant did not come out till the bike was running and moving. I topped up the coolant, started it few times, no issues were faced when standing. Later on when I went on ride again, after coming back and switching off the bike the coolant drained again. Anybody possible causes. The temp gauge showing normal temp, fan switching on when bike gets heated.
My bike is 2014 Hayabusa.

coolant gets squashed out on engine off because the water pump stops turning. Hence the pression that was kept at bay goes to maximum and excessive water gets pushed out.
Said that, if you start with MIN water at cold, it should not happen since water goes from Min (cold) to Max (hot). I would start to check for some obstructions in the passages. Or air bubbles, did you squeeze air out?

Thanks Quart, i changed the coolant from Motul Hybrid to Engine Ice, cleaned the radiator,flushed it and filled it with Engine Ice, have ridden the bike a few times, no issues now. The coolant which came out has changed its color and appeared to be burnt although it was changed last year only.

Thanks Quart, i changed the coolant from Motul Hybrid to Engine Ice, cleaned the radiator,flushed it and filled it with Engine Ice, have ridden the bike a few times, no issues now. The coolant which came out has changed its color and appeared to be burnt although it was changed last year only.

What was in it before the Motul? Was it flushed at that time or could there have been contamination from an incompatible fluid?

Back