2006 Turbo Hayabusa battery draining!!!

TurboBoi

Registered
Whats good fellow BUSA ryderz? I have an issue with my 2006 Busa. First let me give you the story behind the question.

1st- I bought my BUSA over 2 years ago. Came with a Mr. TURBO KIT installed. Didnt have any battery issues until about 20 months after I bought it. Battery went dead. Replaced battery and rode perfect for another 3 months and battrey died again. Replaced battery and it died within 2 weeks this time. Now, no battery will stay charged. I have it trickle charge over night and the bike starts up the next morning. I ride it to work with no issues. I ride it home with no issues. I ride after work for about 20 minutes and it is completely drained. Had to jump with vehicle to ride it home. Turned in to shop and mechanic called me and stated that he checked my R/R and my charging system is working properly.. So what else would cause my battery to drain everytime I ride it??? Any thoughts???

You might have a wire touching some where shorting it out.

Have you tested your negative battery post with a voltmeter to see if it has current?

Lets me know if u find what the problem is mine is doing the samething..i replaced my stator and rectifier but never tried it since then..

Just got bike back from shop today. Been there for 1 whole day. Mechanic said he checked everything. Even put a new Starter, R/R, Stator on just to be sure. Battery didnt have enough voltage to start bike. Just rapid clicking noise. Put battery on charger and came back out to check it in about 20 minutes and bike fired right up... Checked voltage on battery and was reading 12.5. with engine off. With engine on it was reading 13.8. Could the battery just be bad as well????? Took bike apart when I got it home. Could not find any exposed wires anywhere. In deep thought right now, just looking at my bike!!!!

Kinda sounds like u need a new battery maybe u have a bad cell..take the battery up and put a load test on it..

Great! Someone else is having the same issue I am. My story is about the same as yours, my 07 busa never needed to be plugged in at all, would sit all winter and start in the spring. This year i got it out and it started fine, went about a mile shut it off and when i treid to restart it an hour later got noting but clicks. So I went and bought a new battery, charged it and road the bike home. Next day no start. If I keep the bike plugged in constantly it will start but if left unplugged its too dead to start in a few days. Going to start looking for the culprit tonight, its making me crazy! Please post if you figure this out! Question... when you hook up a battery for the first time with the bike off are the needles on the speedo and tach supposed to sweep and then shut down?

Latest update: got battery tested and it had a short in it. Got new battery and everything seemed fine initially. Rode bike for about an hour yesterday. Stop a few places and bike started up every time with no issues. I thought my worries were over until I got home and parked in garage, turned bike off and went inside. Came back out 5 minutes later and bike would not start. No clicking this time just turning over real slow. Left bike alone and tried again this morning and bike started up first try. I let it run for about 30 minutes and shut off. Tried to restart and it did just that. Took my ignition switch apart and clean the connections. ( not sure if it will help) gonna ride again today to see
If I get same results..

A good way to test a battery drain is to install an amp meter (Most DVOM can do this) inline on the battery terminal with everything on the bike turned off. You should see less than 100ma load. If you see more than that you should pull fuses one by one until the number is reduced. This will help you find the circuit the drain is on.

Occasionally the regulator can get damaged and stay excited (on), and will cause a drain even though the bike charges correctly while running.

Some batteries develop internal drains, to test this you need to fully charge the battery and then leave it unhooked from your bike for 24 hours. Then load and voltage test. If it fails after sitting the battery needs replacement.

Dealers are not used to working on turbo Busas.
Personally I wouldn't trust the tech knew what he was doing.
Something is seriously putting a drain on it.

What accessories do you have if any? Are they still powered when you park it?

Back