Coolant temp

dlisabeth

Registered
What range should my coolant temp be within?  Also at what temperature is the stock fan designed to turn on at and off at?  I am running a busa in my sandrail and just want to know what temps to watch for in case I need to shut it down.

By the way here are a couple pictures of the car!!!

Thanks,

Derek

buggy_front.jpg

I dunno...mine stays halfway between the C and the Red?? unless I am going real slow... if I am moving there is no problem.

Cool Rail.... looks new?

What range should my coolant temp be within? Also at what temperature is the stock fan designed to turn on at and off at? I am running a busa in my sandrail and just want to know what temps to watch for in case I need to shut it down.

Coolant should reside between 185 - 195 degrees fahrenheit, that would be ideal. Things can obviously run hotter at times, and you don't really want to "live" above 200 degrees, if at all possible. The thermoswitch on a Busa will turn the fan(s) on at 221 degrees fahrenheit and and shut them down at 212 degrees. We like to set those values lower on the Gen 2s through the ecu flash. The mechanical thermostat on that motor will open up at a hair under 180 degrees fahrenheit. Turning your rad fan(s) on sooner helps out a lot, as does the thermostat mod - that is, if you are having any issues.

Coolant should reside between 185 - 195 degrees fahrenheit, that would be ideal. Things can obviously run hotter at times, and you don't really want to "live" above 200 degrees, if at all possible. The thermoswitch on a Busa will turn the fan(s) on at 221 degrees fahrenheit and and shut them down at 212 degrees. We like to set those values lower on the Gen 2s through the ecu flash. The mechanical thermostat on that motor will open up at a hair under 180 degrees fahrenheit. Turning your rad fan(s) on sooner helps out a lot, as does the thermostat mod - that is, if you are having any issues.

Thanks for the info. I have a sand rail with the Hayabusa powering it and was curious about temps. I have an electric fan and need to install a relay that controls the electric fan based on coolant temps.

CBE163CF-5D23-4DD2-9FEF-6729291FF650.jpeg

Back