Conti force tires

Mileage : I have 1,200 miles on a set now .....over half the tread is already gone on the rear . And no burnouts !
Grip : Feel a little loose in the rear sometimes .....almost like carving the corners on a cold tire .
Overall Review : I think I wasted my money !
wink.gif

Don't have the force but tried the sport attack on the busa for a long trip and found good stick and great mileage so far. Even put them on the 1K. Good street tire so far. Don't write off Continental based upon the Force cuz looks like they may have a winner with the Road and Sport Attack tires.

Just food for thought I guess.

got 8k out of mine and were still usable when i changed to powers...they were great touring tires, but scary in the twisties!

If you are looking for tires, may I suggest you look at the Avons.  I had a set put on mine about 700 miles ago and they still look brand new.  They seem to grip really well.  I went with them because there are a couple of ppl on the board that said they got 8000+ with moderate to agressive riding.

Don

PS. Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I put about 900 miles a week on my bike, so tire wear is a big deal for me.

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "forgot something"|1153065519 -->

Love my Conti Road Attack rear, grip is incredible for a sport tour tire. Mileage is yet to be determined, so far looking like it may make 4000 (best I have ever gotten was 4000 with Avon). I lost some metal on some twistys recently with a very steep lean angle and felt nothing giving out (gripwise) with the Conti Road Attack.

YMMV of course...:cool:

I've got about 4k on my Pilot Powers since april 26 and they stick like glue. I commute(30%) and do twisties(70%). This is the first tire that has ever gone past 3.5k for me and I don't do burn-outs.
The conical angle of the tire makes it feel much lighter in the corners and much easier to handle. Run Pilot Powers, you wont be sorry.

I have Conti Road Attacks. Have about 8500 miles on it. 30 1/8th mile drag passes. Held up pretty good under the abuse. Even drug a boot a couple of times in the twisties. I have no complaints about them. Would have went back with them but got a good deal on a set of Pilot Powers.

How do you tell when a tire was made? Where are the numbers located and what do they look like?

I have Conti Road Attacks. Have about 8500 miles on it. 30 1/8th mile drag passes. Held up pretty good under the abuse. Even drug a boot a couple of times in the twisties. I have no complaints about them. Would have went back with them but got a good deal on a set of Pilot Powers.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>8,500 Miles
rock.gif
?? Is that a typo ?</span>
bump.gif

Back