tire question

has anyone tried a conti motion rear tire on there busa if so how many miles did you guys get? it is suppose to be a sport touring tire

Yeah ky, I have had a Conti Motion on the front & rear.....and the only time I'll ever use them again would be for a long tour. I would definately NOT recommend these tires for sporty-type riding.....they just ain't up to the challenge!! They take a L-O-N-G time to warm up....and even when warm, are nowhere near what you need for throwing the busa into hard & tight corners!! But as a strictly "touring-only" tire....they are great for mileage!

The biggest problem with touring is that eventually you will find a set of twisties that you want to have a bit of fun with.......and twisties - touring tires - and fun, don't always go well together!!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Try the PR3. Just put them on my busa and love them. Reports say you get a lot of mileage out of them too
Still a touring tire so don't expect more than the tire is willing to give! Spanking the twisties and touring tires don't always turn our well.

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
I use them as my winter tires and got over 6k out of them. 90% of my commute is on a straight 4 lane, I've never really ran them in the mountains. I use much better tires in the summer for my mountain trips.