Contemplating a possible move... Nashville TN or Chesapeake VA...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, due to some things happening here with work I don't wanna discuss at this point (Lets just say maybe I should have listened to some people), I might be looking for a new job... Figure while I'm at it, Might make a move closer to some family of mine. Coincidentally, I have a friend moving to Nashville, which happens to be where half my family lives. And Chesapeake due to my Dad living there. Of course, i might just stay here and enjoy mountain roads... Either way, I'd need a job before moving... Any leads? :)

Landscaping (wanting out) and catering with a couple friends. have experience in a lot of different stuff tho (jack of all trades, master of none, LOL) I've done sales, food, hardware, gas station attendant, auto parts, Factory work... I seem to be best at customer service stuff (Auto parts was my favorite.)

Ajax turner > Budweiser 244-2424
Ask to speak with Eric Gibbons

Tell him you are moving here an around when !!!

Chesapeake=expensive and great seafood
Nashville=County Capital, no state income tax

Both have great advantages, you'd have to look at your lifestyle, hobbies and interests and decide which city offers more of what you like.

My brother in law lives right outside of Nashville so I have spent a few weeks on that side.

I would think about spitting the difference and move to Knoxville. That way the dragon would only be a 30 minute ride away.

I would think about spitting the difference and move to Knoxville. That way the dragon would only be a 30 minute ride away.

Thought about that, but I'd like to know some people where I'm moving, and I got family in Nashville.

Can't help on either one but saw your from the Draft?? Crazy, I grew up there and now live in Verona. Have to drop me a line sometime if your around and go riding.

I've lived in and near Nashville most of my life, born here. Can't comment on the other. We've got a pretty good city, there is a lot of economic growth on the south side (Nissan NA headquarters). I doubt we've got the scenery to match Chesapeake and I bet our summers are a lot hotter/stickier. The Dragon is about 3-4 hours away and there's a lot of nice riding to the east. I suspect our cost of living is lower than VA but there are ways to check that. We DO NOT have an income tax on earned income, but we DO have a 6% tax on dividend income (Hall tax). We also have a 9.25% sales tax. Lastly, Barber Motorsports park is 3 hours away most awesome track in the South, TN has concealed carry laws and you CAN have a radar detector!!

It sounds like the most important part for you is finding work. I think that would be the deciding factor. Either way, good luck.

Thanks everyone. Slobusa, I'll call depending on how things go in the next couple days with my job here... If stuff doesn't get straitened out, I'm done with them and calling.

ericm12, We definately should get together sometime.

Ajax turner > Budweiser 244-2424
Ask to speak with Eric Gibbons

Tell him you are moving here an around when !!!

LMAO..... Dude... I was in front of you couple Fridays back around 3:40 waiting for the light from h#ll to turn LEFT; then onto i24. (@truck stop (i was in my cager)) I usually turn my bike off and do the Fred Flinstone scoot till I know I can make the light. Too funny.

To be exact location would be LaVergne TN. Its about 20 minutes away from downtown Nashville. We ALWAYS have openings where I'm working at now (Quanta Computers) mainly temps; But I would never ever recommend it to anyone as I'm trying my hardest to get out of that ole sweat shop. I recommend Nashville for your move; especially if you can get on with the "KING OF BEERS".
:laugh:

+1 on Nissan in Smyrna; (Wife works there) They are in the process of building a Battery plant that will support the new LEAF (100%) electric car. Once that is up and running they will be building another plant that will build the LEAF itself.

We also have a LED manufacturing company that is suppose to be up and running by the end of this year. Not much information on that; its' been pretty hush hush about that.... Not certain on the location, but may be in the Boro. <not certain.

Best wishes in your decision.

Back