Connecting a GPS, Radar Detector,etc

Adolf

Registered
Hi guys! I've always run a radar detector on my sportbike. Now I ahve a Busa, and have been wondering where to tap in for power. Headlight circuit,tail light circuit, or is it any available slot in the fusebox?
If there's anybody that has done this ,I would really appreciate his technical advice. I am looking to install(hard wire) a Valentine One radar detector that comes with a fused wire and the little box the radar connects to with a phone line. I am open to suggestions so please reply.

I also run a V1 hardwired on the Busa and it sets on a techmount stem stand. The wiring from V1 makes installing it real simple. One wire under the tank to the POS terminal and another (short one) from the little junction box from V1, that sits under the rear seat to the NEG side and voila, it works!

If you have a Gen1 there is power (brown and black wires) on the right hand side of the bike near the turn signal. Not sure about Gen2s.

I also run a V1 hardwired on the Busa and it sets on a techmount stem stand.  The wiring from V1 makes installing it real simple.  One wire under the tank to the POS terminal and another (short one) from the little junction box from V1, that sits under the rear seat to the NEG side and voila, it works!
So, is there a positive terminal under the tank that I can tap into? And the negative/ground goes directly to the negative battery terminal? Please explain.
I bought the 13mm stem mount by Techmountas well,and it's a good fit.

Adolf, all Busas thru 07 are Gen 1. 08s are the Gen 2 models. I'm sure there are hot (POS) leads up front and maybe even under the tank but I went right to the source, the battery.

If you have a Gen1 there is power (brown and black wires) on the right hand side of the bike near the turn signal.  Not sure about Gen2s.
My Busa is an '06.
You have the power there... you will see the connector on the right side looking forward.
Ok, I am a retard! It's on the right side looking forward,by the turn signal. Is it the front or the rear turn signal?!

Back