Confederate Hellcat Motorcycle test ride SF

For those of you who would like to compliment your Hayabusa with a High performance cruz bike I would strongly suggest the 2000 Hellcat motorcycle made by Conferates.I test rode one today in San Francisco and was very very pleased with the ride and look and workmanship of the bike.We set out on the streets starting from Geary St going up to Japan town and back down to Market St. area and back around to Geary.The ride was way better than my custom 92Fatboy or my wifes 94 Heritage.The bike had a 120ci Merch's engine with Mikuni,Front suspension was inverted Paoli,rear suspension was Works Shocks,Front brakes Dual ISR six-piston calipers,Rear brake:ISR four-piston caliper
Tires:rear 200 Pirelli on 17" rims Dymags,Dry weight 495/500lbs.The front brakes where better than my Hayabusa,no kidding.The seating height was great and that 200 back tire gave the bike alot more stable ride thru the city and going up and down those hills where no problem.The pictures that you see in the magazine give this motorcycle no justice,you got to see it in person and test drive this beast.Don't get me wrong I love my Hayabusa but I also like to cruz around on my Harley,but after test driving the Hellcat I need to get rid of both Harleys and get the Confederate motorcycle.The only bad thing is the price,low end model start around $19,000 and the full blown package goes for $28,000.I figured the amount I put into both of my Harleys I could easily have bought one of the Hellcat.Very High tech for a V-Twin cruz bike,made and designed in America and the people that run the show,staff extra nice people,Hector Valdes and Marcia Zanetti sales exectives top notch.If anyone is intrested in the motorcycle you can contact Cofederate Motorcycles at 504-893-3370 and they do have a website:www.confederate.com, these are my opinion.FYI

We discussed this before, my main question is how was that famous motor?

OMEGA,I did not go into details on the engine with the reps that were there.I did ask what was done to the engine and they told me that the engine was balance and blue printed and all the ports were flowed to get as much horse power out of it.The pipes were super trapp two into one and it looked like they had at lease 21 dic for back pressure adjustment on the pipe.The engine felt real smooth for a big block and it pulled very nicely.The tranny had cut andrew gears which was the best V-Twin cruz type tranny that I used compairing it with Harley or any of those Harley clone.Found neutral all the time nice and clean and shifting thru the gears was easy.The whole bike felt like my 1988 Honda Shadow 600VLX that I had.A very smooth ride with the pull like my 98TL1000R had.This bike pull from 1.5Krpm to redline in any gear.We did not go on the Freeway around here since of the traffic and the possibility of rain coming down.The company could use some improvement on the clutch and and brake lever adjustment,there's only one adjustmet from the grabbing of the lever to the handle grip in which I thought that if they had installed one of those adjustable lever like we have on the Suzuki bike where in can notch in the various height from the lever to the handle grip this would make it a near perfect Cruz bike.My wife already told me that I can go get that bike but I need to get rid of both Harleys,that's a plus for me since my wife thinks the Harleys are a death trap,under powered over weight,real bad turning radius,bad brakes,crabs when hitting every little bum in the road,the swingarm flex like hell under heavy engine load and take off,and those small rear tirer don't cut it with todays motorcycles on the road.She told me to get rid of both Harleys before the Harley Craz dies down.She told me also I would be better off with two Hayabusa's than the two Harleys we have.Anyway better get off the subject of Harleys and stick to Hayabusa type stuff.Hope's this helps your question.You can get a hold of Hector Valdes who is one of the sales executive at 818-766-7542 or 818-766-7143,he owns the Hellcat with the Merk engine that was used as one of the test bike and he can give you the run down on the engine,they are here in San Francisco area today 1-23-2000 giving demo rides but since the rain hit the bay area as off 10pm last night I don't think that they will hold the demo's in the City.If Hector can't help you I'm sure he could refer you to one of their chief mechanic or engineer.

Cisco, I went to the show and checked out the confederate hellcat. I thought it felt better than a hardtail that I built years ago with a 1340 5 speed. I liked that bike and sold it to a pretty short guy for 13g. On the hellcat the hydraulic clutch felt alittle funny but the suspension and ride position felt great. The rep told me the merch motor was very strong and was built to the limit. The s&s could be built up more. If you want to see a couple pics of me and one son sitting on it e-mail me at tonyde@internetni.com
Have fun

Viol8r,email me at CiscoJ@aol.com with pictures,thanks,I'd give you my work email but they are watching every mail that comes thru to make sure it is work related.Thanks again,oh ya we told the reps about the clutch lever and that they should make it adjustable like the Suzuki click lever adjustment,thanks again.

Back