Comments on the San Mateo Motorcycle show

I went to the show and seen a few bikes that caught my fancy.The ZX-12 did look good except for the mirrors,some one was saying that the ZX-12 was the fastest bike out but the guy didn't say anything when I sat on the bike with my Hayabusa.org T-shirt on and did the lean angle on the bike,very light feeling.I liked the feel of the R1 and R6.The GSXR 750 was another good bike.The Honda video said that the new V-twin was the fastest production bike on the market,what ever happened to the Duc's or the TL-R/S.The only bike that really caught my eye and which I might buy was made by the Confederate motorcycle company.I like their styling and the selection of engine and carb setup,the front and rear brakes,swing arm setup.They do have a new engine that doesn't use the S&S block but a new race block that is coming from over seas and will be using Mukuni carbs.The rep told me it has 135hp to the rear wheel with over a 100ft/lbs of torque.They might change their motorcycle company name to be political correct and they will have test rides in L.A. area and also the bay area next year so I put my name on the mailing list.The bike is different and I'm always looking for new styling in motorcycle and something only a few people can own.Price for the Confederate was around $25,000 which is how much most Harley custom bikes cost around here,but everyone owns a Harley but I haven't seen a Confederate in the valley with all these millionairs around here.I did see some new gadgets,a dics-lock with a alarm on it,cost $50.00.The BMW motorcycles where nice.It was a good show overall,wish they had more tire companies there.My choice in the end if I was going to buy a new bike or bikes would have been the GSXR-750,Blue Hayabusa,Red ZX-12,Blue R1 and the Confederate motorcycle in Candy Apple Red.

Back