Rain test

San Jose Califorina first rain test today on my Hayabusa,I guess it's raining in the San Francisco Bay area also.The motorcycle handles good in the rain,got the bike up to 90mph and the tires handle ok,I did not want to push the bike due to the break in period and the first rain in a long time which brings up the oil on the roadway.I forgot about the brakes and wet rotors,brakes did not work properly until rotors/pads heated up.Front plastic protects your shoes and pants,the windscreen pushes the rain up to the head area not bad since I'm 5'9.5" tall. The rear tire likes road grim and throws it all over the fender/swingarms/underside of pipes.Talk about washing/detailing the bike tonight.Anyways this bike handles very well in the rain also.

I rode mine 200 miles in the wet to take it for its first service. It was very stable going over white lines and catseyes. My R1 would shake its head under similar abuse, no such quakes from the Hayabusa. I found cruising at 95mph (as fast as it will go at 5000rpm (pre first service) and tucking down a bit was not only the most comfortable way to travel, but also the driest. This was on a day when the UK had a severe weather warning – many places had minor floods and there were thunderstorms and high winds. The Abusa was fine and dandy (though a bit hefty going tip-toeing around diesel soaked roundabouts!)

I rode mine 200 miles in the wet to take it for its first service. It was very stable going over white lines and catseyes. My R1 would shake its head under similar abuse, no such quakes from the Hayabusa. I found cruising at 95mph (as fast as it will go at 5000rpm (pre first service) and tucking down a bit was not only the most comfortable way to travel, but also the driest. This was on a day when the UK had a severe weather warning – many places had minor floods and there were thunderstorms and high winds. The Abusa was fine and dandy (though a bit hefty going tip-toeing around diesel soaked roundabouts!)

Back