Computer help.

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
I have received a file from class but cannot get it to open on my computer. Can someone with ms excel please open the file, and then resave it to file extensions .xl  or .xlr
and then send it back to me. It is now in .xls format which will not work on my computer. I will send the file to anyone that can help. Please help.
Thanks.

bump.gif
Still needing help.

what program are you wanting to use to open it? In order to save as a different file extension you have to use a different file to open it. If you just go in and rename it say its named hayabusa.xls, buy going in and renaming it hayabusa.xl, its still gonna have the xls extension like this hayabusa.xl.xls becasue it was saved in that format if you let me know what program you want to use to open it i'll be happy to try again

I am trying to open the file using MS works 8.0, but works only opens extensions .xl and .xlr; it will not open .xls. I appreciate the help again.

sry man i deleted workst off the pc when i first got it works sucks

I am thinking that the file has to be opened in MS Excel, and then resaved under a different extension, like .xl or .xlr, for me to be able to use it.
Thanks for the help.

Unless you are on a maC you can not use a 2 letter file exrension.  Send over the file, I will give it a crack.  Was the original file done on a mac?? You may be able to just changed the file extensin in explored.

michael.thurow@snet.net

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097433858 -->

Did you try saving it to a .csv format? Almost any spreadsheet will open a comma delimited file. If you still have trouble, send it to me and I may be able to convert it. At the worst, I can PDF it for you, and you can copy columns and paste inot a spreadsheet program.

Back