Complete exhaust -vs- Slip-on's

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
I couldn't find a thread comparing the two systems, benfits, drawbacks, etc. Is it worth an extra $300-400 for a complete header system? I like the look of a single pipe, but I'm not sure it's worth the additional $$$. Is there a real performance gain, or is it just asthetics?

Got these prices from GPW's thread in group buys section
R-77 Carbon 4:1 FULL $839.00 shipped USA
R-77 FULL Stainless/Stainless TIP $747.00 shipped USA
R-77 Slip-Ons Carbon: $789.00 shipped USA
R-77 Slip-Ons Titanium: $732.00 shipped USA
R-77 Slip-Ons Stainless: $628.00 shipped USA

your talking less than $100 difference in some. The weight savings alone are worth the extra. You will see zip nada nothing in the way of performance from slip ons. The only benefit other than sound is weight and that is not as much as full system.

But then again to do it right you have to add in a PC and dyno time so there would be your biggest $$$ difference.

Good luck with your decision.

Yep, I'm beginning to see the light. Full system sounds like a winner now that you laid it out for me. I really think you people (hayabusa.org) are part of the Hayabusa Aftermarket Company and you're all just trying to get in our wallets by tempting us with such great information and product knowledge .

:laugh::rofl:

But seriously, thanks for doing to homework on that list. :beerchug:

Do a search here for slip ons, and 99.9% of the threads will eventually have someone saying 'don't do it, get a full system'.

The real answer is it is a matter of personal preference and style. Personally, I like the look and sound of dual exhausts on our bikes over single. That being said, I have a full dual exhaust.

If you're doing it for looks and sound, go with dual slips, and save a couple bucks.

If you're 100% performance oriented, go for the full exhaust for best results and weight reduction. Ironically slip ons cost nearly as much as a full system because you have two mufflers, and that extra muffler costs nearly as much to make, if not more in some cases, as a couple pieces of bent tubing.

To each his own really.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
My 2 Bros slip ons only cost me 250 new off ebay. There is no way Im paying nearly a grand for a motorcycle exhaust. Lets be real here-- the exhaust on my car didnt cost as much. I think these companies are a little high on their prices.

tell u what, i just installed a set of yosh carbon fiber r77 dual slip-ons tonight on my 08 busa that i've had for a week now. I wanted to stick with the dual pipes and didn't care for any more power out of the bike. Installation was a breeze and only took about 45 minutes, sorry i don't have any pics up yet i will try to get some soon. Anyway, for slip ons these cans sound great, i was very impressed, not an obnoxiously loud sound but a deep low rumble when cruising at low speeds, they also look fantastic. I like the looks of dual pipes on the busa bc it stands out a little more and doesn't look like every other sport bike on the road

Back