"Code Red"....for you Mustang lovers

Not really, there are a ton of powerful cars out there that are plenty streetable as long as you stay out of boost/high rpm.

correct. It is amazing what electronics can do. You could very little boost in the low gears and pour it on later....like they do.

I think the fuel system is crazy....

I have about 1200 miles on the Shelby, with almost all of them in the cooler weather. The car is a complete handful in the cold. It will tach out the rears in third gear from any speed. Today was a bit better since we broke near 70 today. And yes, the Busa makes it seem like the Shelby is backing up when you roll on the throttle.

my wife wants a new Mustang and I am pretty known for my Chevy habits. It hurts....deeply.. heehee

Charlie, my car is an automatic and it pretty much breaks the tires loose anything under 40mph. It has an alum. head 406 small block, ran 5.80's in a Camaro race car(3000lbs, 1/8 mile). I should spend more time working with it, but I just wanna ride.

I am just waiting on someone to triple turbo something next.:beerchug:

The modern Mustang Cobras had independent suspension up until just a few years ago. Ford went back to solid axle for strength and durability.

No kidding, how did i miss that. Now I have to googleing, I would like to see what kind of set up they used.:thumbsup:

That thing is a beast. With gas prices the way they are and the tires you will be going through, you will surely need a loan just to drive it.:laugh:
My wifes 2010 GT is a monster. She wants to trade it in and get the newer 5.0 GT. So do I.:whistle:

The new 5.0 are awesome, plenty of crazy power.... wait until the mods start....

The car you linked is sick !
966lb of torque at 4100 rpms !
I just don't understand why you would unsupercharge a car just to turbo it?

The Turbo's are more efficient and make more power compared to the OEM blower. The stock blower is also known for heat soak and robbing power. It's fun on the street but not great for back to back racing/runs...

On stock rubber I can't make the rear stick in my STOCK GT500. The last thing the GT500 needs is more power. The only mod I could do that would speed her up would be a set of street rated drag radials. That car would be nuts!

Get some sticky tires! Here is a stock '11 GT500 with some bigs/littles:
- GT500 11.11 at 124, 11.27 at 123, burn out.[/url]

my wife wants a new Mustang and I am pretty known for my Chevy habits. It hurts....deeply.. heehee

Charlie, my car is an automatic and it pretty much breaks the tires loose anything under 40mph. It has an alum. head 406 small block, ran 5.80's in a Camaro race car(3000lbs, 1/8 mile). I should spend more time working with it, but I just wanna ride. I am just waiting on someone to triple turbo something next.:beerchug:

Go get her one, the new 5.0 GT's are BAD! Basic mods and they are flying...

N/A:
- 2011 mustang gt 5.0[/url]

125-shot:
- 2011 mustang gt 5.0 runs 10's[/url]

That thing is a beast. With gas prices the way they are and the tires you will be going through, you will surely need a loan just to drive it.:laugh:
My wifes 2010 GT is a monster. She wants to trade it in and get the newer 5.0 GT. So do I.:whistle:

Do it.... ;)

correct. It is amazing what electronics can do. You could very little boost in the low gears and pour it on later....like they do.

I think the fuel system is crazy....

You can't beat the progressive systems these days. Makes for some CRAZY fast street cars with OEM manners...

Old video:
- Underground Racing Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo - World's Fastest Lamborghini[/url]
1-mile:
- Underground Racing 250 MPH Twin-Turbo Lamborghini at the Texas Mile[/url]
Playing on the HWY:
- Underground Racing TT Gallardos on highway[/url]

The latest article on the BOSS 302... 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 First Test - Motor Trend

2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-side-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife wants a Cadillac XLR. I dont know when I'll be to afford one in the current economy.

There was a CTS-V out at the TX Mile once. Great sounding car. I had a video of it on youtube, but there was some issue with Hi-Def sound and movement, so I deleted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i run the mickey et streets and hoosier quick times , they both dead hook in my mustang on the street(alot of street racing!!) it runs mid 11's n/a but also has n2o just incase :) it is also a stick car and the tires still like ths shock on the street. now i just wanna ride the busa this spring, im sure it won't break as much as the stang either.:thumbsup:

Back