2010 Shelby Mustang GT500

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
540HP!

Only $47,000, which to be honest isn't that expensive for a vehicle that is paces away from a Vette or Viper.

2010-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500.jpg

Last edited:
I dig the 2010 body syle. I've been eyeing a Viper for some time but would go back to my COBRA roots for a GT500... :beerchug:

Hmm
2010 Viper is 85K+
Z06 Vette 74K+
ZR1 Vette 105K+

Naw, I think you are at the wrong price point...

compare to the new Camaro 2SS "Moderately" equipped is 40G+

In 2009, they are a bit closer:
Chevrolet Corvette vs. Ford Shelby GT500

No offense but I'd never buy a Camaro let alone for that price. 2011 will have a little different results for the Mustang... :whistle:

You can get new Vipers for low-$70k's if you shop and used you can pick up a low mileage 09 for $50k's.

I've got way too many friends with Z06's so I want something different. A ZR1 just isn't worth the money for what I want.... ;)

sit in a viper and you'll fall in love with the Cobra:laugh:

I've been in many Vipers and the heat issue (not size) does bother me. However, I've had 4-COBRA's so something different that you don't see everyday would be nice... :beerchug:

Hmm
2010 Viper is 85K+
Z06 Vette 74K+
ZR1 Vette 105K+

Naw, I think you are at the wrong price point...

compare to the new Camaro 2SS "Moderately" equipped is 40G+

In 2009, they are a bit closer:
Chevrolet Corvette vs. Ford Shelby GT500

The 2010 Mustang GT500 is claiming 0-60 in 4.3 seconds
Viper and Vette are high 3's

I was making the comparison that for a relatively small cost, one could have something that was running close to the high $$$ cars.

The 2010 Mustang GT500 is claiming 0-60 in 4.3 seconds
Viper and Vette are high 3's

I was making the comparison that for a relatively small cost, one could have something that was running close to the high $$$ cars.

One reason I've always liked the COBRA's is with very little $$$ in mods they scream. You can have a GT500 passing all those cars in the 1/4-mile for less than $5k. Only problem is it takes a lot more to hang in the curves. Many other differences in each but no need to dis the good and bad with each, they are all FUN cars... :thumbsup:

Hey Josh remember how good the Mustangs was running at Texas mile. :thumbsup:

From what i seen they where smoking most other HIGH dollar cars, for the price the cobras cost it dont seem like you could go wrong, and the ones that where juicing was really flying. I was very impressed and i am a Chevy fan all the way.

we have a 2008 zo6 vette and 2008 cobra stang that is modded and it still dont come close to the zo6, the new stang dont stand a chance to hang with it.

we have a 2008 zo6 vette and 2008 cobra stang that is modded and it still dont come close to the zo6, the new stang dont stand a chance to hang with it.

Keep in mind that the 2010 is all new, but when you say "close" how far out are we talking? 2-3 car lengths 1/4 mile? Or more?

Hoe many ponies you got in that 2008 Cobra?

All the name badges are for is pizzing contests.. For the $$$ the Corvette is easily the biggest value if you are going to compare "super cars".. I drove my bosses 2008 612 Ferrari and although it is a true super car, how practical is it? They are all one off customs (built to customer order) and the Vette will run pretty darn close to it in performance.. But the Corvette will never carry the "Prancing Pony" mystique..

I am a die hard Shelby fan myself... so I can find good about all these heaps of iron and aluminum..

For the cost of the Ferrari, I could have the ZR1, Saleen Challenger and the Saleen Cobra and the Camaro SS2 only problem? dont have the money for any of them :laugh:

Buy what you love, if you are buying to impress, well guess you gotta do a lot of reading and comparring.. I think I am relieved not to have any one of them thinking I should have got the other :rofl:

I would rather have a Mini-Cooper and drop another 20g's into it and blow them all away.

Back