clutch

rr1300gsx

Registered
hey i have a problem with my 05 busa. i replased my frount sprocket to a 16 the problem is when i put it back together the clutch had no hardness it and would not bleed. i think the pistian froze in the cover. how do i fix it? im thinking of putting it back together and trying to get them to warente it but if they dont how would i fix it. thanks

he may not have put the push rod in the right place. it takes a bit of manuevering to get it in right and line all that other shid up

since you know what the prob is i assume you fixed it?

no when i was pulling it appart the clutch pistan came out and then froze
thats weird. How did you know the piston froze in the bore?
When you went to reinstall did you push the piston back a little bit in order to fasilitate a smoother re fit?

Even if the piston is frozen in the bore,you should still be able to get the air out.

I never heard of that... perhaps the machining was poorly done and the bore is slightly smaller at one end. A lot of dirt an' krap does collect in there from chain fling,maybe its hung up on that....

weird.

Whenever I pull that cover or smiilar type covers, I always push the piston back into the bore a quarter inch or so from where it normally sits at rest... that way the piston wont extend farther out than it normally does and get scared up by the weathered exterior of the housing. Then I clip a little soft jawed plastic clamp on there to keep it there(in case the thing will be apart for awhile) .

hav a good 1...RSD

Back