clutch start up removal

bcodd31

Registered
i dont like to pull the clutch when starting my Busa. Is there any way to bypass it
rock.gif

Actually, if you look closely at the clutch mechanism, you will see there is a microswitch there, it has two wires connected to it. You can disconnect the wires and jumper them together, using another piece of wire. Tape it up nice and neat and your as good as gold...

my buddy has an 06 with both wires together and they are both hooked back up to the clutch still. sound right?

As long as the wires are connected together at all times it doesn't matter if it's reconnected to the clutch switch.

Just don't forget if your in gear with the kick stand up and try to start it
all_coholic.gif

What's wrong with pulling in the clutch, anyway? Just curious. Do as you wish, of course.

--Wag--

I have grown used to pulling the clutch to fire the engine, but I would like to ask this...it seems that it is a momentary switch...if you decide to bypass the switch would a relay or other elec component get warm/hot due to the constant load? Just curious.

(Johnnycheese @ Aug. 12 2007,06:26) DO NOT DO THIS.
SHOCKED.gif

Trust me on this your bike will not run correctly
can you elaborate on this....

what about the kickstand switch, will it also make the bike not run correctly?

(Johnnycheese @ Aug. 12 2007,06:26) DO NOT DO THIS.
SHOCKED.gif

Trust me on this your bike will not run correctly
don't do it, bike will run different, you have to use a toggle if you don't use the clutch lever switch

Found this (single) thread in searching for answers to a problem.
My bike started having a weird problem recently. I'd go to start it, turn ignition on, put it in neutral, fuel pump would prime, clutch in, but nothing when I pushed the starter button. Wouldn't even start when I tried a rolling start dropping the clutch. Because of that I dismissed the microswitch on the clutch and got steadily more frustrated trying to diagnose the problem. Eventually in desperation I pulled the lines from the clutch micro-switch loose and bridged them with a mini fuse (which works great BTW :thumbsup: ). Then it would start perfectly every time. I replaced the microswitch with another I had lying around and the problem persists. I can hear the switch actuate when I pull in the lever BTW.

So I'm a little lost for now, but I would like to get JohnnyCheese's (or anybody's) input on the problems running with the circuit continuously closed. The bike 'felt' fine to me when I rode her yesterday ???

Back