getting it started?

OrdyBusa

Registered
do any of you guys know if there's a way to get the bike started without pulling in the clutch lever? all the lights work and the green neutrel light is on but right now i don't have a clutch lever to pull in. i didn't know if there was a way to bypass the safety.

Depending on what you have left, try to mash the switch with a screwdriver on the back side of the housing (small rectangular block) if not, try jumping te two connectors together with a paperclip.

Depending on what you have left, try to mash the switch with a screwdriver on the back side of the housing (small rectangular block) if not, try jumping te two connectors together with a paperclip.
Only a Marine would know that.
tounge.gif

Santa

"SHAWN.......what if this guy "stole" someone's Busa...."dropped" it while stealing it, and is now "equipped" with the means by which to simply ride away
rock.gif
??..........
guns.gif
....or maybe he just dropped it and is embarrased to say it.....
super.gif

Yes, pull the wire/plugs out of the housing like Shawn said and put a paperclip inside to jump them... works everytime!
beerchug.gif

this is for Spudley.......i may be new to this forum and not known by anyone here by i was a little insulted when you made that comment about me "stealing" MY own bike. if i was the kinda person to steal a hayabusa, don't you think i would at least know how to hotwire the damn thing. and i didn't drop it, i was clipped by a car and went down. thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

to the rest of you guys, thanks for the tip about the wires. i got it started today and it was a sweet sound. thanks again

Glad you got it going...
beerchug.gif
.. Don't worry about Spudley. I honestly do not feel his intention was to offend you.

Look at that switch very carefully when you replace the lever. Sometimes they will break. Look for cracks etc that may cause you issues later.

welcome.gif
to the org please don't be mad we always take care of each other he was just playing with words. Post some pictures and I am glad you are OK the bike is always repairable but we sometimes not.
beerchug.gif

this is for Spudley.......i may be new to this forum and not known by anyone here by i was a little insulted when you made that comment about me "stealing" MY own bike. if i was the kinda person to steal a hayabusa, don't you think i would at least know how to hotwire the damn thing. and i didn't drop it, i was clipped by a car and went down. thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.
Dont sweat it man. Stick around....a lot of good peeps here. Ya gots to be a little thick skinned around these parts sometimes.....
Welcome
thumb_up.gif

Ordy,
Spudley's comments are only because:
1. He is looking out for a fellow Busa Owner
2. He probably hadn't seen the post where you described the accident

MCM

i'm in the process of finding a new housing since the other one was cracked. can you guys tell me how to post pics to where they aren't so big? also, is 100$ TYD a good price for a housing, master cylinder, and lever assembly? i'm not sure on what parts go for so i want to get your guys opinion.

hello.gif
Welcome to the board. As for resizing pics, I downloaded a free resizer from Microsoft.com that seems to work pretty good. You can also resize them to whatever size(s) you want and store them on a host like Imageshack or Photobucket and post them on the board.
Hope that helps, we sure like pictures around here.
winkold.gif

Yo Ordy !!!  "Meant NO MALICE".....missed whatever happened to you....

Here's your image resizer : http://www.microsoft.com/windows....ys.mspx

Page down the right side until you reach the image resizer.  Click and save.  Once installed, anytime you have a pic that's too big "or" to small...just click on the pic, then right click and that will open an option to "re-size"...then it'll save itself for future use......Whenever you want to post a pic, just hit the browse button on the bottom of the O-R-G page, it'll open your pics files (or it should), and you can select whatever it is you want.

Welcome, make yourself at home, and once again, "My apologies"......

Back