Noisey clutch

harty

Registered
Just picked up my first Busa WOW!!!!! 2003 model with 10K on the clock, when the bike is started up the clutch sounds a bit noisey when you pull the clutch lever in the noise goes.... Any veiws or tips on this:::

:welcome: to the org, and grats on your new ride. :thumbsup:

That noise is odd. The Gen IIs have a recall for it (loose clutch spring bolt), but I don't recall anyone ever experiencing this on the Gen I...

D

:welcome: to the org, and grats on your new ride. :thumbsup:

That noise is odd. The Gen IIs have a recall for it (loose clutch spring bolt), but I don't recall anyone ever experiencing this on the Gen I...

D

There are cases where the clutch was worked on and procedures for this work were not followed and the same bolts backed out and ate the housing. Search is your friend.

a slight noise is normal..get a loader exhaust and you wont hear it anymore...
:rofl:

My 03- alittle noise from clutch when starting w/lever pulled- a wee more when let out and goes away when warmed up.

Well, just in from a brilliant day out on the Busa in the south west of England
weather great. with ref to the noisey clutch when it has warmed up the noise seams to have gone, but you seam to be feal the noise from the clutch
umtil the clutch lever is pulled in ( if that makes sense )

hEY ALL, tHIS CLUTCH NOISE JUST STARTED ON MY 08 BUSA WITH 15K ON THE ODOMETER. WHEN STARTED UP COLD, ALL IS FINE THEN FIRST GRAB OF THE CLUTCH LEVER AND A RATHER LOAD RUBBING OR GRINDING NOISE CAN BE HEARD AS WELL AS FEEL THE RUBBING WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR HAND ON THE CLUTCH CASING, THIS IS FOR SURENOT NORMAL AND BELIEVE IT TO BE A LOOSENING UP OF THE CLUTCH SPRING BOLT BUT NOT SURE 100% YET, HAVEN'T HAD THE CHANCE TO GET INSIDE HER YET.

Well, just in from a brilliant day out on the Busa in the south west of England
weather great. with ref to the noisey clutch when it has warmed up the noise seams to have gone, but you seam to be feal the noise from the clutch
umtil the clutch lever is pulled in ( if that makes sense )

That could be normal, unless it is really loud.
If you have a buddy that has a busa, listen to his and see if it sounds near the same.

Back