Clutch switch?

I just added a mico momentary switch to the housing to activate the clutch switch. Intead of pulling the clutch lever in to start I press the little button.

Not to thread jack but Is that a digital dash if so can u show a pic with the key on and tell me were and how much to get one

The clutch needs to be engaged while starting, ONLY if the bike's in gear. Else, you don't need the clutch, to start the bike, while in neutral.
Clutch must always be pulled in to start the Busa. Other makes and models are different and can be started if in neutral but not the Busa

Confirmed so if your busa is starting without the clutch lever pulled in then you are having some other issues. possibly a bad/dirty clutch switch. would also cause it to run like sh*t if the button was stuck..

If the bike is starting without pulling the clutch then someone, somewhere jumped the cables together for the clutch switch or the clutch switch needs to be replaced. IMO.

Will test @ lunch and report back but pretty sure clutch is always needed.

Clutch must always be pulled in to start the Busa. Other makes and models are different and can be started if in neutral but not the Busa

Confirmed so if your busa is starting without the clutch lever pulled in then you are having some other issues. possibly a bad/dirty clutch switch. would also cause it to run like sh*t if the button was stuck..

If the bike is starting without pulling the clutch then someone, somewhere jumped the cables together for the clutch switch or the clutch switch needs to be replaced. IMO.

Guys, thanks a ton for your time!:beerchug: Ok....After some hands on checking, here's the scoop. The bike does not start without the clutch lever pulled in when the clutch lever cam adjuster is in positions 2, 3 & 4. My bike does start WITHOUT the clutch lever pulled in if the cam is set to position 1 ONLY. Now the factory setting for the clutch lever cam position on the Busa is position 2 (and can be increased, depending on the adjustment needed to complete the diode switch circuit, further to normal wear, I presume). Set her on position 2 and she now starts (with the clutch lever pulled in at start) and runs fine. I suspect position 1 was throwing her into neutral mapping.

Guys, thanks a ton for your time!:beerchug: Ok....After some hands on checking, here's the scoop. The bike does not start without the clutch lever pulled in when the clutch lever cam adjuster is in positions 2, 3 & 4. My bike does start WITHOUT the clutch lever pulled in if the cam is set to position 1 ONLY. Now the factory setting for the clutch lever cam position on the Busa is position 2 (and can be increased, depending on the adjustment needed to complete the diode switch circuit, further to normal wear, I presume). Set her on position 2 and she now starts (with the clutch lever pulled in at start) and runs fine. I suspect position 1 was throwing her into neutral mapping.

You should be able to loosen the screw on the clutch switch and adjust it enough to correct your issue. Glad to hear you found the issue!

The clutch needs to be engaged while starting, ONLY if the bike's in gear. Else, you don't need the clutch, to start the bike, while in neutral.
Yours must be wired different to every suzuki ( 4th Busa, 3 Bandits, 3 GSXR's and a Bking ) i've ever owned...always needed the clutch pulled in as its hard wired into getting the starter to engage....gear selection is tied into the stand switch which combine to kill the ignition.

Back