Clutch slipping on 08

BamBamm

Registered
I just started drag racing the bike,found it hard to slip the clutch without any mods.We welded the hub and put in three stiffer clutch springs.My problem started after we welded the hub,I noticed the clutch was slipping just a little after the shifts but we still managed a 9.3 at 150.When I got it home ,I put 3 stiffer springs in and friday night we were only able to get a 9.6 at 147 out of it and it was still slipping.I just took the fibers and the steels out and the fibers are glazed and the steels are burnt pretty bad.I guess what I want to know is ,is there something else that needs to be done in order to keep this from happening again,I personally think the damage was done after the welding and before I put the stiffer springs in.Any and all suggestions will be appreciated,thanks.By the way,my stack height was 1.98.

I had the same result on my 01. I put the mps mod in without the heavy springs and would notice a large amount of slippage from 2nd to 3rd. I installed the heavy springs and it was better but the damage was already done. So I will be installing a new set of clutches this winter.

Back