clutch replacement.

shogun

Registered
Any info or pics on here on how to replace the clutch on an 03 busa. I have the manual but can't find this in it anywhere. thanks.

You may try to get your hands on a Clymer Manual. They are very handy.

I dont have a step by step but here is a few pics. Make sure you put them on in correct order and have the spring and spring seat in the correct position.

Remove the sensor in the first pic to get it out of the way and notice which bolts the flimsy holders are in and make sure to put some 1270B or equivalant sealant at the mating point of the case halves and the clutch cover during install

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Last edited:
it's not hard at all to replace the entire clutch pack. Take off the cover and it should be simple enough to understand how it's all setup.

As mentioned already the important part is keeping the order correct for both the disks and fibers. There are some fatty ones that should be in a spcific order in the pack.

thanks for the replies guys. How am i supposed to know which order the disks are supposed to be in, and whats all this about making sure the stack height is correct how does that work? thanks again

This might help. It is the only picture I have on the service manual. If you want the whole instructions let me know. I can email them to you.

HayabusaServiceManual%20DECRIPTED.pdf%20-%20Adobe%20Reader[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replies guys. How am i supposed to know which order the disks are supposed to be in, and whats all this about making sure the stack height is correct how does that work? thanks again

If you look at the diagram I posted, there are 5 different part numbers for the plates: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
Go to
Suzuki Motorcycle Parts, Suzuki Dirt Bike Parts, Suzuki ATV Parts and Suzuki Scooter Parts
or:
Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop

and you can get the Suzuki part numbers for the diagram (that diagram is from these sites)
If you buy a stock clutch pack (which is usually recommended) then you can install them according to the diagram.

awesome thanks for the info guys. I am going to buy a new clutch tomorrow. what should i expect to come inside...just the friction and drive plates?

anything i should b careful of or watch out for during the installation. Oh yea, i checked my oil today and it was below the minimum line. could the clutch have something to do with this? although i am a little bit overdue on a change but still, where could the oil of gone???

just before i take out my last friction plate there are two washer like in the picture above. but in the bike bandit picture diagram it tells me to put them at the very end...after all the plates are installed......:poke:????????????

Did you look in the online manual?
I don't understand what you are asking, but the procedure is clear in the manual.

when i take my pressure plate off . i only have 2 of those threaded looking bolt slots where the spring bolts go into instead of 4 like in the picture above. is this norma?

Back