clutch question

Lemminkäinen

Registered
Hi,

I have k8 busa and before the driving season ended i noticed that my clutch had felt different than before, feels like its more "loose" and noticed difference when switching from first gear to second one. Is it possible there is a spring or something gone bad or what could be the cause of this?

Could possibly be air in the line if it has been sitting, mine has started making noise and the smooth operation has since ceased. I'm going to rebuild the piston/cup portion and replace the Diaphragm. 32,000 miles things wear out.

Yeah, I'd go with air in the lines too. If that doesn't work, check your clutch itself. Pull off the clutch cover on the right hand side and see if the bolts that hold the clutch springs in have backed out.

New clutch line i ordered just arrived so i was thinking of changing it as well. Ill check for the air first though and update afterwards. Thanks guys!

You dont need a new line, just bleed the clutch and replace the fluid!
How many miles are on it and what year bike?
New clutch line i ordered just arrived so i was thinking of changing it as well. Ill check for the air first though and update afterwards. Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'd go with air in the lines too. If that doesn't work, check your clutch itself. Pull off the clutch cover on the right hand side and see if the bolts that hold the clutch springs in have backed out.

If the clutch bolts had backed out you'de hear them rubbing the inside of the cover.

You dont need a new line, just bleed the clutch and replace the fluid!
How many miles are on it and what year bike?

+1
As they say on the Family Fued

1340267062975_1406993.png

Back