Clutch Plate Wave Washer Missing

Barrocker

Registered
I am changing my OEM clutch and noticed that the clutch plate wave washer is missing. I have the wave washer seat (convex one). The clutch seemed fine before. It had some mileage on it and since I installed a turbo I wanted to make sure all was top notch. My question is, is it ok to run without the wave washer?

Are you talking about the 5" dia or so cushion spring that goes in at the beginning of the stack?

This?

2017-02-05_12-43-10.png

I didn't run it 9 or 10 when i had a stock clutch. I replaced plate 5 in the above diagram with another thick (plate 4)

Last edited:
I can see now that the old clutch pack has 2 thick ones. That is obviously what the previous owner did. Thanks for your help

I edited my reply because it wasn't very clear.
I didn't run it 9 or 10 when i had a stock clutch. I replaced plate 5 in the above diagram with another thick (plate 4)

No problem

update...just found the washer stuck in the back of the basket. I am getting conflicting info on how to install the two washers. Most say flat washer first then convex one going on next as a concave, high part in. Is that correct

I see the confusion. The service manual is not consistent with the find numbers in the views

Trac king fibers ordered, will verify stack is 2” y’all when assembled. Are those washers necessary with the trac king pack? And if you’ve installed trac king before, any tips? Or are they as straight forward as the oem with the larger ID fiber, thicker fibers etc

Back