Clutch Mod

1badasbusa

Registered
Hey guys been doing some searches and reading up on the clutch mods.Which one to go with? You got the APE- Brock-CARPENTER-MPS? I think. The billet peice and then you got the oring mod too. Is one better than the other. I'm on a 2000 and its stock.I just want to upgrade the clutch for the chattering problem but only do it once. Meaning if i ever decide to go with the turbo I dont really want to upgrade again. I'm kinda lost.  ANY HELP?
rock.gif
   Then we'll talk of HP upgrades to get to around 200hp?

Thanks
http://www.puresynthetics.com

http://www.mullenenterprises.net   P/W stp

<!--EDIT|1badasbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101871908 -->

Ah yes--chattering clutch-I call it the [railroad crossing killer]
Like an old car with a bad accellerator pump. Stalls right when you need it not too.  I am not an expert on this....
I am ordering the Carpenter friction disc and washer mabobbers...only 35.00 bucks- on this note others were charging waaay over a 100.00 for this same mod.
The clutch hub stock is a two piece unit..mine has a APE one piece unit---Try the Carpenter kit and let us know..I will post when mine is installed...nothing like a smooth 6-7K slide the clutch launch. Busa is the only bike i have owned that does that horrible chatter-stall...Cache masterd it though..Hmm?
Like rev the crap out of it-chattering like crazy and does 9's all day long----I just want to be able to do a getaway if i may be getting rearended--without Drama.

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: "bad spelling"|1101955860 -->

I going with the Carperters Clutch Ring Mod...MPS has their version also...I ordered one from Schnitz...It will be next week before it's installed...
evil.gif

I've never had the chatter problem and I drag race every weekend (except for this time of the year
mad.gif
) I wounder why some busas do it and others don't.

I have two of the 1 pieces for sell went to billet basket if ya need them,nothing like it.

Thanks guys , I'll look into the carpenter kit and the ape hub piece. I won't be able to tell you for a while on how it works cause the weather is a little chilly this time of the year. I planned on doing the swap over the winter,but as long as the snow stays away I should be ok. Thanks Again

Back