Clutch makes knocking noise when fully in

cs48

Registered
Hi, I have a 99 hyabusa engine fitted to my autograss race car.

Recently, I suffered a clutch failure - some of the friction plates shattered. So, took it all apart, cleared all the bits out of the sump, basket housing, strainer etc, fitted new friction plates and steels.

Additionally, I also replaced the master cylinder (which, as it's a car is on a foot pedal rather than lever) and serviced the slave cylinder.

I've put it all back together. It's working. But, when I fully depress the clutch in neutral I get a knocking noise. Doesn't happen in gear. Doesn't happen if I slowly ease the clutch in. But, if I press the clutch normally, at the end of the pedal travel, the engine starts knocking.

As it's a new master cyclinder, I think I probably just need to adjust the pedal to stop the clutch "over engaging". But, thought I'd check here to see if it might be anything more serious than that?

Anyone experienced something similar?

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Sounds like you have the solution, experts will be along, I'm not to be mistaken for one :laugh:

i had something like that happen and founf the deep inner gear basket bearing had two pins missing. replaced that and the noise quit. hope this helps!

Back