Clutch issue - help please

Barnster

Registered
Hello everybody.

I have a problem with my clutch on a K5 Busa. It appears that I have pushed the short pushrod too far when dipping the clutch.

The engine is actually in a car, hence ending up with this problem.

Can anybody offer any advice on how to get things back to normal? The clutch now refuses to move at all.

Regards,

B

Welcome to the Org... If I understand your question correctly your clutch is locked up due to your push rod? If your running a billet aftermarket cover it will require the use of a shorter rod. Otherwise the factory one used with a billet cover will almost certainly lock you up everytime. Some questions, Did you throw a chain? Was the rod damaged? The only way to get it back out is from the clutch side of the bike... I know this isn't what you  might want to hear but its the safest way to remove a damaged rod.  A new rod should run you about $10 or so US dollars. Make sure the seal isn't damaged as well.
If this doesn't solve your problem can you give some more details or perhaps some photo's?

Thanks!

The engine is standard in everyway - just it's in a car so has a different slave cylinder but with original short pushrod from the bike.

I am going to take the cover off this evening as this seems the only way to go and will report back if it looks like trouble and more advice is needed....

Regards,

B

Sounds good, keep us posted! Oh, and you should check out the new members area! Post a picture of your Busa powered car and introduce yourself to the site and members.......

Latest update - clutch cover removed and now I see that the pressure plate was 2-3mm away from the friction plates.

Upon removing the springs and reseating everything the pressure plate is now snug up against the friction plates.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct before I put everything back together and waste a new gasket by having to remove again!

I haven't reconnected the slave cylinder yet so cannot test fully - again don't want to have to redo too much.

Regards.

Back